Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Authority said:

Unique Performance is a custom vehicle manufacturer based in Dallas, Texas, licensed to build Ford Mustang replicas complete with the Carroll Shelby name. Earlier this month, the outfit was investigated by local police because of complaints from customers who’ve fronted the six figure asking price but never received their cars even after several years of waiting.

During an interview with the NY Times, a police officer revealed that Unique was altering the vehicle identification numbers of some of its cars. In this way, Unique could ‘title wash’ old salvage cars by retitling them in another state, restore them, and sell them to unknowing customers.

Unique’s phone number has since been disconnected and its website shutdown. Unfortunately, there are customers who have paid up to $200,000 for one of the refurbished cars and they are unlikely to see any of this money returned.

Some customers who have received their cars haven’t got out completely scot free either. Since many of the refurbished cars were based on common six-cylinder models altered to look like the rare high-performance versions, their values will now depreciate just as badly as the more common models.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
I wonder how many from their
inventory were Katrina cars
:hmm:

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Thats what happends when you try to make a quick buck.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
If you guys watched "American Chopper", this company also traded their Mustang for OCC's bike as well.

If you are a fan of the ‘American Chopper’ TV show on the Discovery channel then you are all to familiar with Paul Sr. and Paul Jr. of Orange County Choppers and their Shelby GT500E “Super Snake” Mustangs that were built exclusively for them by Unique Performance. These rare GT500E Super Snakes of which only 75 were made are going on the auction block at the 2007 Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction that will be taking place on January 13-21 which hopefully I will be attending again for the second straight year unless something comes up.

Paul Sr.’s GT500E Super Snake which is Lot#1317 was part of an episode of American Choppers where they built a custom Shelby GT500E “Eleanor” Chopper and traded Unique Performance for the GT500E. Paul Sr.’s car was completely custom built to exact specifications and delivered to him during an OCC episode at the 2004 SEMA show.

Paul Jr.’s GT500E Super Snake which is Lot#1318 is made with the same go fast goodies as dads but his was personally designed and customized by Chip Foose including a two-tone paint job and 19 inch Foose wheels. Paulie as he is called on the show has only racked up 75 miles on the clock and his car like his fathers was unveiled a year later at the 2005 SEMA show.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Inferno.. whats the date on that article? I'm curious to see if that was written pre or post scandal discovery. Also, I wonder how much these will fetch if they still plan on selling them knowing the true history.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts