Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey boys and girls I said I would keep everyone updated on my progress. Stage 2 is nearly complete, all that is needed now is tuning. Although the car wasnt completely ready since its running fairly rich to the point it misfires at times at wot in 3rd gear I decided to take it to the track anyhow. It was drizzling the whole time and traction was not at its best. With those two factors working against me I still managed to click off a 13.86 @ 103mph. I expect after the tuning is complete and with sunny dry weather this stage will be able to reach a 13.4 with an 03 gt sporty. Here are a fiew pics of the setup and time slips.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Damn that is sexy!! This is the first intercooled supercharger I have seen on a 3g! Looks great,and nice times.

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
very nice. talk about going against everything RIPP says. suck through, emanage, and intercooled. good work :twothumb:

edited: typo

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NAPALM said:
Awesome man.
How much boost were you running?

What are the dimensions on that IC?
Thanks. Im peaking at about 10psi. Ill have to get back to you on the dimensions though. Ill give Donny a call since i dont have a tape measure on hand. I do know though its a half inch thicker then Russ's but shorter in length.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DavesEclipse said:
WOW Chris great times man! Get your A$$ over to Orlando on the 18th we are meeting up at winghouse!!
Thanks bro. Sounds like some good fun. If work allows me to ill be there :twothumb:

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eclipsed4utoo said:
very nice. talk about going against everything RIPP says. blow through, emanage, and intercooled. good work :twothumb:
suck through ;)

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
:lol: This is awesome, these guys (including Ross) were curious of how your car was going to run at "Stage 2" at NAFI. Well here we go fellas, here it is in the pics... Stage 2. What size pulley are you running on your car now, and are you running meth on it?

BTW, when did you get the belt tensioner, I was getting you info on that!

·
Anastacia HOE!!!!
4,507 Posts
Wow. Thats a beautiful setup. I never knew you could Intercool a Supercharger. Thats sweet. I want boost so bad.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Tearstone said:
:lol: This is awesome, these guys (including Ross) were curious of how your car was going to run at "Stage 2" at NAFI. Well here we go fellas, here it is in the pics... Stage 2. What size pulley are you running on your car now, and are you running meth on it?

BTW, when did you get the belt tensioner, I was getting you info on that!
Only cooling im running is the front mount. I got the tensioner as soon as i heard it was out. Im very excited to see what kind of dyno numbers im going to see after Donny tunes his newest creation :twothumb:

·
Registered
642 Posts
very nice setup!!! I really like the piping! Seems like you guys got a really good fabricator over there in Florida. I am also excited about tuning my stage 2 SDS with the emanage. I have the meth for cooling though. Post the numbers when you hit the dyno, I should be able to post mine up on wednesday.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pacoslant said:
very nice setup!!! I really like the piping! Seems like you guys got a really good fabricator over there in Florida. I am also excited about tuning my stage 2 SDS with the emanage. I have the meth for cooling though. Post the numbers when you hit the dyno, I should be able to post mine up on wednesday.
You can count on those numbers bro :twothumb: Im hoping to have that done before next thursday so I can go back to the track for better times.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
snake said:
Looks nice ryu. What pulley combination are you using?
Stage 2 pulley setup.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pacoslant said:
o yeah I forgot to ask about the pulley setup, so you have the stock crank pulley and the small shaft pulley??
That is the stage 2 pulley setup isnt it? ;) The only difference between my stage 2 and Ripps is im using a front mount intercooler instead of meth, e-manage for tuning, and a suck through mas setup.

·
Registered
642 Posts
yeah, yeah I was just making sure, we'll see the difference between the meth and the intercooler..... even running all rich without a tune right now I get a 19-20 vacuum, before I used to get 14-15 with the GB, I am very excited about the dyno on wed!!! I have a feeling the numbers are gonna be great!

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pacoslant said:
yeah, yeah I was just making sure, we'll see the difference between the meth and the intercooler..... even running all rich without a tune right now I get a 19-20 vacuum, before I used to get 14-15 with the GB, I am very excited about the dyno on wed!!! I have a feeling the numbers are gonna be great!
Sounds good bro. Post those numbers up as soon as you get them. :twothumb:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts