Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations and help.
in my foolishness I’ve purchased 440cc injectors thinking I can use them with my high compression build. Wondering will the tune be able to control such a higher CC injector to make it work right? Head was decked, block bored out. Hoping to be able to force higher horsepower out of the stock 2.4L to go alongside my manual swap.
440CC WRX Denso injectors are what I purchased.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,057 Posts
So to do this job correctly, you'll need to get a bigger fuel pump, higher flow fuel rail, and a better fuel pressure regulator. You will not really be able to maximize the 440s without doing so.

You'll have to scale your injectors in the tune. Don't just put the 440s in and expect the car to run well. Those injectors will be fine for 93 octane gas. You'll even be able to run E85 with those injectors, as long as you install the other items.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So to do this job correctly, you'll need to get a bigger fuel pump, higher flow fuel rail, and a better fuel pressure regulator. You will not really be able to maximize the 440s without doing so.

You'll have to scale your injectors in the tune. Don't just put the 440s in and expect the car to run well. Those injectors will be fine for 93 octane gas. You'll even be able to run E85 with those injectors, as long as you install the other items.
Appreciate the feedback, didn’t expect to just slam them in and go from there. Glad I reached out, will be rolling into a Walbro 255 and fuel rail then. You recommend any fuel rails that are higher flow and will work well?

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,057 Posts
Here what I would do:

After puttig some thought to what you are doing, I would appoach it differently. The first mods you really want to start with is headers and a CAI (not sure what you've done with the car at this point). Then take it to a dyno shop where they have expertise with Mits and the ECU Flash. Have the car tuned out and see where your numbers land. Based on your dyno curve, the tuner can then tell you where addition you can get addition power.... whether its additional fuel, timing, adding to the rev limit (that might require the appropriate valve springs), and what not.

You need to research for fuel rails.... there may be compatablity with the EVO but not I'm sure.

Reactions: Markmac17

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here what I would do:

After puttig some thought to what you are doing, I would appoach it differently. The first mods you really want to start with is headers and a CAI (not sure what you've done with the car at this point). Then take it to a dyno shop where they have expertise with Mits and the ECU Flash. Have the car tuned out and see where your numbers land. Based on your dyno curve, the tuner can then tell you where addition you can get addition power.... whether its additional fuel, timing, adding to the rev limit (that might require the appropriate valve springs), and what not.

You need to research for fuel rails.... there may be compatablity with the EVO but not I'm sure.
Yeah running all the usual bolt ons, CAI Header and Exhaust. Im gonna stick with the stock options until it’s been tuned and up and running. I’ll save the injectors for future head swap and turbo build. Just looking at getting it manual swapped and back on the road with a fresh rebuilt engine.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,057 Posts
Yeah, I think your goals are changing if you're thinking turboing down the road.... A high compression n/a build on this platform you will find extremely frustrating. It would be a lot of time and effort for very little results. You wouldn't 'feel' any difference until perhaps the last 1000 RPM in your power band. Plus most all motor builds have to rev really high. I wouldn't want to take the 2.4 to 9 grand without some major head work and bottom end work.

I would still take it to a tuner to maximize your current set up. It'll keep your car running reliably and efficiently. And then you can plan for the turbo set up down the road. Do some research. There's some very good threads on turboing the four banger.

Reactions: Markmac17
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.