Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My upper clutch sensor came out of its bracket recently, and I’ve been trying to get it back in there but it won’t stay. Is there a certain way to do this or could it be broken? It looks fine to me but I’m not sure.
Im trying to get this back in because my cruise control doesn’t work.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Clutch sensor? Are you talking about at the clutch pedal? You provided no vehicle info so we have no idea if this is even a 3rd gen Eclipse... not even a picture to help explain your question :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologies I have a 2005 Eclipse Spyder manual transmission. When the clutch pedal is at rest there is a little button that it’s supposed to push into and that button has come out of its bracket I can’t figure out how to reattach it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Referring to the image the green circle is around the button/switch that came out I pulled it down to get a better picture. The yellow circle is around the bracket that is supposed to be holding it.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
It looks like the the clutch interlock, not a sensor. It's a safety device. Meaning it prevents you from starting the car with the clutch petal out. You car will start and run without it reattached. BUT if you accidentally have the car in gear when you start it and the clutch out, your car will lurch forward.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it drives just fine without it I am trying to reattach it so I can get my cruise control to work

·
Registered
593 Posts

Here is a catalog picture of the clutch pedal. There are 2 clutch switches and each has a clip. I believe the part callouts highlighted in pink are the sensor and clip you pictured. That clip has to be spun off the sensor and reinstalled into the clutch pedal where you circled it in yellow. Then you unplug the sensor from the harness and screw it into the clip until it's touching the pedal and adjusted correctly. If the tabs are broken on that clip you'll need to replace it. Unfortunately that clip has been discontinued through Mitsubishi. I see 3 dealerships around the country that still have it. Let me know if you need it as I can source it from one of them if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts