Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my 2003 3.0L Eclipse without the upper left timing cover & bolts. I'm imagining the cover had to be taken off to put on the new valve cover gaskets on, done just before car given to me, and mechanic forgot to put cover back on. Anyway, I've had the car a little over a year, and just discovered this timing cover was missing. This is my 1st front wheel drive car, so it has taken some time to adjust to the engine setup. Anyway, got the cover, but of course it comes with no bolts. I beleive from reading all the threads on here that it's 2-10mm & 2-12 mm bolts heads. But, I need to know the length/width/diameter of the 4 bolts, to get the right ones from a fastener shop, since I have scoured the internet & can not find a set on here. I found a set for all timing covers for 2.4L, but I doubt they are the same & don't want to waste $35 plus shipping. I can just pick up the right bolts from local fastener shop, if I knew their specs. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought of that, only mode of transport is eclipse. Some other stuff must be taken off to get to the upper right cover. Too much for me to do at the fastnet shop. Plus, have no info that the bolts are the same, as the covers are slightly different shape, & bolt into different parts of the car, being there are different brackets/accessories on left & right. But thanks, that was my first instinct as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts