Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve spent three days to replace my clutch and I’m super tired of it. The axles got stuck and a lot of things got in my way but I managed to get everything in place. Couple things though didn’t make it through. My upper transmission mount got left out when I was reinstalling my transmission into the engine and I bolted up everything except for that. Also I managed to cross thread some of the lug nuts and I’m just baffled. Is there a service hole where I can take the bolts out from the back? I’ll eventually just replace the whole hub and I just want my car to get out of the garage I’m working at because I’m getting charged. One last thing. There is a Plug on the transmission with a wire lock-in tap. I can’t seem to find where it goes. It may be a speedometer sensor but I’m not sure. Is there a manual where I can refer to the sensor plugs? Thanks

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,982 Posts
Hi, I’ve spent three days to replace my clutch and I’m super tired of it. The axles got stuck and a lot of things got in my way but I managed to get everything in place. Couple things though didn’t make it through. My upper transmission mount got left out when I was reinstalling my transmission into the engine and I bolted up everything except for that. Also I managed to cross thread some of the lug nuts and I’m just baffled. Is there a service hole where I can take the bolts out from the back? I’ll eventually just replace the whole hub and I just want my car to get out of the garage I’m working at because I’m getting charged. One last thing. There is a Plug on the transmission with a wire lock-in tap. I can’t seem to find where it goes. It may be a speedometer sensor but I’m not sure. Is there a manual where I can refer to the sensor plugs? Thanks
So you got to get that mount back on. Period. Don't half ass it. You could damage your car if you drive around long-term without the mount. Plus it's a safety issue.

The lug bolt are pressed into the hub from the back. Don't plan on driving it far because you compromised "some" of your lug nuts. It's obviously another safety issue.

The manual should help you identify the plug.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Almost finished but I just noticed b that the shifter fork is engaged but it won’t move back to the original spot. Is this normal?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out my pressure plate spring is lodged between the two shafts. I’m so done with this. Is there a fix without having to open up the clutch again? Thanks

·
1,078 Posts
Nope. Pull it apart and be careful putting it back together. Sucks, but the sooner you start, the sooner it will be done. We've all been there and that's why I triple check every step before I put something big like this back together.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You would be better off spending the extra money and replacing both front wheel bearings (they come with need lug, you will just have to buy new nuts too).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts