Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of the USB Turntables that digitally transfers your vinyl LPs to MP3/WAV format? Ive been reading reviews about a few different types and figured I would go ahead and order one. Got the Audio-Technica AT-LP2DA for $95 from Amazon. com. Seems like most of the reviews (good and bad) for not only this unit, but others, is the software it comes with. Some feel it wasnt very good software, but overall the reviews were favorable for the turntable and quality of the music overall. I must have over 400 vinyl LPs and figured would transfer some or most of them to my computer and onto my I-Pod. Should be a fun project. Didnt know if anyone else has one of the USB Turntables, if so, what are your thoughts and experiences with it so far?

·
Old Skool Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I realize no one cares about this, but just in case, for any others reading this or for future reference/searching, this turntable works great and is very easy to records albums (vinyl LP's) to the computer then transfer/convert them into I-Tunes for AAC files. Software even removes most of the pops and hiss from the LP too. For $100 its well worth it, especially since I must have about 400 albums. Just going through some and recording certain songs for the most part.

·
54,460 Posts
I don't even know the last time I saw a vinyl record. Maybe a yardsale :dunno:
you can still buy LP's, just have to goto the right stores. theres a few in Chicago that carry them, even new releases on vinyl.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Just remember that the signal coming from the turntable is not the same as the signal coming from other devices such as CD players, DVD players, etc. That's why receivers have a separate set of jacks for them.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
you can still buy LP's, just have to goto the right stores. theres a few in Chicago that carry them, even new releases on vinyl.
Really! Damn. That's actually suprising to me haha. Nowhere here sells them. You usually don't even see the old ones in thrift stores for sale anymore. Of course I am in a place that's like it's own little world. That's pretty cool though.

·
GO SOX
352 Posts
It depends on what you are listening to. I listen to a lot of underground thrashcore punk and experimental bands, and most of them can only afford to put out records, so I have a decent collection of them.

·
54,460 Posts
Just remember that the signal coming from the turntable is not the same as the signal coming from other devices such as CD players, DVD players, etc. That's why receivers have a separate set of jacks for them.
this is very true, however im blessed with a love for old hi-fi stereos so i can pretty easily plug a turn table into it, and then use its line out (that would normally goto a tape deck for dubbing) to the PC instead since tape/cd/pc input/output levels are pretty similar. turntable signals, iirc, are stronger than those from the aforementioned devices. i wonder where my tape deck went to? it was a nice old one that could dub tapes from another tape or any external source or right from the mic inputs on the front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts