Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
NorCal3G
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew where to find replacement LED Bars for this or if anyone could remake these with a clear lens with red led's instead of the red lens. I took it off before and its one whole unit, completely sealed.
Any help is appreciated :hspin:

Reference below (not my car)

For whatever reason this does not belong here please move accordingly.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Any idea who the MFG is? Have you tried contacting them diretly to see about getting a replacement? LOL, and wtf is up with your driveway?? Looks like a giant slab of obsidian (that glassy volcanic rock).

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Sorry, MFG = manufacturer. Sounds like "Wings West" would be the mfg in this case. MFG = who makes the item, not who sells it.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Do you still have the original red plastic piece? I imagine having custom plastic made would be a tall order.... but if you had the original piece it might not be so hard. Might just take a sheet of lexan and a heat gun t make the lens. Then a trip to radio shack for some red LEDs and a soldering gun.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
If you remove the red lens and send that to me, given its size, I should be able to create a reverse mold and duplicate it in a clear piece.

Email me at [email protected] and we can talk specifics. (size, texture, etc - and let me do some research).

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Hey Hijacker? That wasnt you that replied to me on the email was it?
But uh Im uploading the pics now so you n everyone else can take a look.

I just want to have a clear lens non smoked, but anywho ill post em up soon.
Yup, that was me on the reply.

·
NorCal3G
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Damn thats one hell of a professionalism writing, very nice. But yea, even if you were to reconmend a way to change this red lens to a clear one I would halfta find a way to make it myself? Darn. Hmm
Only reason why I wanted it clear is because im changing out everything into clear, front/rear corners and 3rd brake light as well. Eventually the LED tails as well to complete the look. The red lens on the wing would just be out of place imo.

Maybe if I was loaded with money or something Id let you guys have the blade and have it remade into production. Im sure some of the guys on here would like to have a LED bar on thier blades. I also saw a CF blade for this awhile back too. Well thanks though.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
There was a post somewhere that had a how-to for clear corners. You could do a reverse mold and then pour the stuff they used for the how-to and so on. Ill look for it.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
+1 for you, damn that is one hell of a process. but I guess its my only way of doing it.
I might do this, if I can pry open the darn thing apart.

any other random solutions out there? lol
Now you know why I explained it like I did in the email and gave you the appropriate estimate. :)

It's amazing how much people don't understand the amount of effort that goes into custom fabrication, and the additional effort to do it right.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Now you know why I explained it like I did in the email and gave you the appropriate estimate. :)

It's amazing how much people don't understand the amount of effort that goes into custom fabrication, and the additional effort to do it right.
Yea its one hell of a process especially since EVERYTHING has to be done perfectly. One piece of dirt or if the mold doesnt cover the part completely, all that work would be for nothing. But all the hard work pays off when those parts (if they do) come out perfectly :hbang:.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Yea its one hell of a process especially since EVERYTHING has to be done perfectly. One piece of dirt or if the mold doesnt cover the part completely, all that work would be for nothing. But all the hard work pays off when those parts (if they do) come out perfectly :hbang:.
Yup. In fact, this was my email response to him. Since it applies to anyone who would ask me this question, I find it appropriate to post. :)

Thanks for contacting Sport Compact Customs.

The time it takes to do a reverse mold to duplicate that piece is fairly extensive in labor. Once we combine the labor hours with the material cost, I would estimate several hundred dollars for a piece of that nature. Unfortunately, I don’t think the cost would be worth its weight in cosmetic impact for the appeal of your vehicle so I would advise against it.

As an alternative, you would remove that lens piece and send it to us to be thoroughly tinted and polished to look like a very high gloss dark smoke color. This would only cost $60 (which includes return shipping) and you could reinstall after you have the wing painted to match your car, making it the final touch. I think that option would look best and save you a lot of money without leaving the not so pleasant red bar.

Something to consider if you go that route though, I would also suggest having the 3rd brake light on your trunk done at the same time in the same shade tint so they match. You would want to tint the red OEM 3rd brake light so the tint shade matches the red bar tint on the wing. If you choose that route, we can do both for $90.

I’ve attached a photo for reference of what the tinting services looks like that we do on lighting.

Attached Photo - http://www.sc-customs.com/storage/Products/TintedCorner1.JPG

Steve
Sport Compact Customs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts