[22:36] bosorio187: inferno
[22:36] bosorio187: stfu
[22:36] bosorio187: ******
[22:36] bosorio187: lol
[22:36] icemanrld19: who is my BF?
[22:37] bosorio187: inferno
[22:37] icemanrld19: ill let him know then
[22:37] icemanrld19: aha
[22:38] bosorio187: im sure you will the next time you and him have a dildo session

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
bc is cost 2k all said and done. Ive been thinking about a msd ignition system

I heard MSD is not so good. The AEM EMS is like $1600 plus a MSD ignition system $300+. That's close to $2k not counting installation and tuning. Get the Haltech and call it the day.

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
isnt a haltech all said and done 1500?
The prices would be around the same If you get the Haltech E8. Also, you'll be getting a better ignition system. The most expensive part is the installation unless you can wire it up yourself like Kris did. It cost me $1500 to get it installed and running but that is because they also installed all my fuel upgrades and my gauges.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
You can still do a universal EMS too.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Why in the heck would you have to do that? No EMS I've ever used has required a separate ignition controller.

From AEM's website:
AEM’s Universal Programmable Engine Management System adapts to any vehicle using the company’s flying lead wiring harness and sensors (sold separately). In addition to the features found in our Plug & Play EMS, AEM’s Universal EMS also includes 10 independent, built-in peak & hold injector driver channels, direct drive ignition and dual wideband UEGO controllers. Peak & Hold injector drivers enable users to utilize low impedance injectors with a true 4/1 Peak & Hold injector drive circuit. The Direct Drive ignition feature allows users to drive a coil directly from the ECU without the need for an igniter or ignition module, and a wideband UEGO controller is an essential tuning tool that provides a 0-5 signal for monitoring and tuning air/fuel ratios (AFR) on heavily modified high-performance engines.

The AEM is superior to the Haltech for a number of reasons. The most prominent is built in knock control. However, the AEM universal is NOT cheap!

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
Why in the heck would you have to do that? No EMS I've ever used has required a separate ignition controller.

From AEM's website:
AEM’s Universal Programmable Engine Management System adapts to any vehicle using the company’s flying lead wiring harness and sensors (sold separately). In addition to the features found in our Plug & Play EMS, AEM’s Universal EMS also includes 10 independent, built-in peak & hold injector driver channels, direct drive ignition and dual wideband UEGO controllers. Peak & Hold injector drivers enable users to utilize low impedance injectors with a true 4/1 Peak & Hold injector drive circuit. The Direct Drive ignition feature allows users to drive a coil directly from the ECU without the need for an igniter or ignition module, and a wideband UEGO controller is an essential tuning tool that provides a 0-5 signal for monitoring and tuning air/fuel ratios (AFR) on heavily modified high-performance engines.

The AEM is superior to the Haltech for a number of reasons. The most prominent is built in knock control. However, the AEM universal is NOT cheap!
WOW, it has built in p/h injector drivers. I didnt know that. NICE!

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,043 Posts
asides from haltech and aem. You still have megasquirt. If you do your homework on it and know what your doing its a pretty decent standalone. Theres also hydra as well which is suppose to be plug and play

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts

From AEM's website:

I know that AEM EMS is great but I don't know much about it after that.I remember Kris had a MSD system when he had a AEM EMS and after that he switched to Haltech. Thanks for the good info about the AEM EMS.:bigthumb:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Having used multiple standalone units including a Haltech E6X I can state that the AEM EMS is by far the best standalone unit ever made. The true superiority of the unit cannot be expressed until you start to use the software for the different units. The EMS gives you so many options and variables that it's invaluable. The only problem is that if you don't know what you are doing w/ the EMS you will truly be lost and you car probably won't run right. Once setup properly, the EMS is amazing.

Can you say 5 psi in 1st gear, 10 in 2nd, and 20+ in 3rd? The EMS can help you do that! It even has built in traction control to limit power so you can hook up!

Alcohol is a great addon for turbocharged cars. Using the generic nozzles is mediocre. W/ 10 p/h injector drivers, you can pulse an injector to feed the system alcohol. Good bye cheap meth injection pumps and nozzles that fail! w00t!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts