Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an 03 eclipse GT 3.0. I bought it used and the previous owner put headers and straight pipe so it has no cats. It has a cel and doesn't pass emissions. My plates have been expired since last year Oct and a few days ago I got pulled over and got $300 in tickets. The cop told me next time he will impound my car. :(

A few months ago I did some research to see what I could do. I found some info about making your own o2 simulator and using the anti-fouler adapter.

I decided to try the Anti fouler adapters and used 2 instead of 1. I was able to put them on for 3 of the sensors but on the last one the adapter wouldn't fit because there wasn't enough room.

I would need to take it in to some muffler shop to have them make some room.

I thought maybe with 3 adapters it would work but it didn't. I was so frustrated that I just left it alone. But with what just happened I really need to do something.

My question is: should I take it to a shop so that the 4th adapter fits in? Or should I make a o2simulator just for the 4th sensor.

Are there any other options out there?

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Fossilized Member
1,206 Posts
Hello,

I have an 03 eclipse GT 3.0. I bought it used and the previous owner put headers and straight pipe so it has no cats. It has a cel and doesn't pass emissions. My plates have been expired since last year Oct and a few days ago I got pulled over and got $300 in tickets. The cop told me next time he will impound my car. :(

A few months ago I did some research to see what I could do. I found some info about making your own o2 simulator and using the anti-fouler adapter.

I decided to try the Anti fouler adapters and used 2 instead of 1. I was able to put them on for 3 of the sensors but on the last one the adapter wouldn't fit because there wasn't enough room.

I would need to take it in to some muffler shop to have them make some room.

I thought maybe with 3 adapters it would work but it didn't. I was so frustrated that I just left it alone. But with what just happened I really need to do something.

My question is: should I take it to a shop so that the 4th adapter fits in? Or should I make a o2simulator just for the 4th sensor.

Are there any other options out there?

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The antifoulers are only to be put on the downstream O2 sensors. Not all 4!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not avoid this whole thing and get some stock headers and put those on to pass emissions
I dont have the stock headers. I would need to buy new with new cats because it is against the law to buy or sell used ones. No junkyard would sell. And I cant find them online.

New and installed costs $800.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When you say "remove" I'm assuming you mean the antifoulers and not the entire O2 sensor. Then you would be correct.
Yes, sorry for not being more specific. I will remove the upper 2 antifoulers and just leave the downstream antifoulers.

Thanks for your help. really appreciate it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts