181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
:loser:
Looks slow! :rofl:
Oh it is.

Learned an important lesson today as well. If you know your radiator has a leak, and fill it up prior to driving, but leave off the radiator cap? The car will most defiantly (Nice, I meant definitely, but the spell-checker auto-correct works nicely here too) overheat.

That's some important information to know right there.

I swear, I opened the hood with the steam pouring out and that effin' cap was sitting right there next to the hood latch like :fawk2: Thankfully I had a jug full of coolant and stopped right next to a dairy farm. Shoot, even the cows were looking at me like :urowned::dumbass:

EDIT : Ooooo page 4, does this mean I'm part of the cool club now?

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Nah, engine was fine, as soon as I saw the temp creep up and not go down with the heater on I turned off the car and fixed the glitch.

No real need for any more power in this car anyways.

·
54,462 Posts
Nah, engine was fine, as soon as I saw the temp creep up and not go down with the heater on I turned off the car and fixed the glitch.

No real need for any more power in this car anyways.
I know, you're not stupid "oh I can make it!'.

·
FearIsTheMindKiller
3,936 Posts
Mike, I'm loving that two-tone paint job.

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Thanks! I keep threatening to get it repainted since I do have all the parts to make it whole again. One of these days I'll bring her back to her initial glory that I got her, well, that is without the spoiler and rear wiper.

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
EDIT : Ooooo page 4, does this mean I'm part of the cool club now?
Only if you're successful at unsuspectingly dry hump Sam as he goes to take a drink of his favorite frosty brew. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
She still lives! Even after your cross-country trip a while back. How many miles you have these days?
Since I have the new vehicle it hasn't racked up the miles recently, sitting at a hair under 192k. I really do plan on cleaning out a garage and putting it on jack stands and ripping into the thing probably next month. Probably going to attempt to paint it myself as well, why not?

·
54,462 Posts
Since I have the new vehicle it hasn't racked up the miles recently, sitting at a hair under 192k. I really do plan on cleaning out a garage and putting it on jack stands and ripping into the thing probably next month. Probably going to attempt to paint it myself as well, why not?

But no, seriously. If you have the time and dedication do the rustoleum roller method. Otherwise, I'd just have someone shoot it for you.

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
I will not spend lots of money on making this car look pretty again. I have lots of replacement parts and stuff like that, and I just want to make it somewhat black again, which is why I plan to rip the thing apart since I have another vehicle and this one can be down for a bit.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Nice to see you Mike. Hope all is well.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Whats the status on this lawn ornament??? Stuck in Automobile Hospice for terminal paint cancer, or just spending extra time in the Cali sun working on its patina finish???

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
She lives!!!!

Well I guess technically she was never dead, but she's on four wheels again. Before you comment, the plastidip is temporary for the cross country drive. Honestly it came out way better than I expected for 30 bucks in spray cans. I didn't want to leave it bare metal and didn't get a chance to have it painted here in Cali. But anyways, new Brembos in all four corners, new bumper and air dam. Removed the rear wiper as well and will have all the holes for that and the spoiler filled prior to painting as well.

Oh, and I totally forgot how low to the ground this thing sits, and the way she handles? :wub:

181 - 200 of 208 Posts