Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear anything good, bad or ugly about these cars?

Right now for under $4k down we can do a 24 month lease on an XC90 and they are going to throw in a free $1800 dual dvd rear entertainment system. Only drawback is the lease is only 10,500 miles a year, but it's only $.20/mile over that. The car looks nice, Volvo's are pretty darn safe cars, does anyone know any downside to them? It's been so long since I've had anything to do with a Volvo.

·
BCS = t3h suck
1,393 Posts
I only see stuff that is out of warranty, obviously it won't apply to you. Off the top of my head, oil leaks and EFI sensor issues. That is all I can really think of.

·
Symetrical AWD
11,216 Posts
What are you averaging per year on your car now? Most people it's around 15k... that's $1000/per year just for mileage.

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think we figured that we do around 12k, 13k max if we do extra driving.

One thing that worries me is the gas milage I think was listed at 14/24 ... that's a huge spread.

·
Symetrical AWD
11,216 Posts
You could get a similarly equipped Mazda CX-9 w/12k mileage/year for around the same price. Gas mileage is no better though.

Personally I'd rather get the XC70 between the two deals at Volvo. You get AWD in addition to what you get with the XC90 and the lease is $20 less/mon... and your MPG city goes up by a whopping 1. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could get a similarly equipped Mazda CX-9 w/12k mileage/year for around the same price. Gas mileage is no better though.

Personally I'd rather get the XC70 between the two deals at Volvo. You get AWD in addition to what you get with the XC90 and the lease is $20 less/mon... and your MPG city goes up by a whopping 1. ;)
Is the 70 a station wagon or an SUV (we haven't looked at them yet, it sure looks like a station wagon on the web page ... )

EDIT: OK the AWD of the 70 is very appealing ... and the price makes it that much more attractive. Guess we will see this weekend.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
I think the only SUV I'd consider these days is a Ford Escape Hybrid. Assuming they've actually fixed the powertrain issues so that the car actually gets 34 mpg highway and 30 mpg city.

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we leased a 2008 Grand Cherokee with the MDS 5.7L HEMI in it.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
I thought you were concerned about gas mileage? Even with the MDS, the Hemi ranks very low in fuel economy amongst the current crop of V8-equipped vehicles.

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought you were concerned about gas mileage? Even with the MDS, the Hemi ranks very low in fuel economy amongst the current crop of V8-equipped vehicles.
It was the only car Tiff was really happy with. In a little when my car payment rolls off it really won't matter.

·
NACHALNIK!
3,583 Posts
I like Volvos, we bought S60 2.5T for my wife half year ago and besides ridiculously huge turn radius this car is excellent. Even with the least performing 210hp motor it flies, I already got speeding ticket, cos it is impossible to keep her under speed limit.
I also drove company 2004 XC90 T6 couple years ago and liked it enough.
It was bad on gas, like 15-17mpg and felt too quiet, so it kept making me drowsy, other than that we had only one warranty issue (wheel bearing on 8K miles). We ended up selling to some guy from Norway over eBay......
IF you are going to get one, go for V8, it is excellent Yamaha motor and it will be same gas mileage as their 3.2 I6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts