Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking for a Heat Shield for exhaust manifold.

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

Part#: MR373095

Will pay good for it

Thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know how and where the front oxygen sensor supposed to clamp? Does it clamp or pass thru the intake manifold heat shield?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its the stock shield, im changing headers and possibly turbo so I wont need it anymore
No rust or extreme wear, some cleaning and bidding should make it shine again

·
Registered
2000 Silver GS manual
8 Posts
I've got one like in Widgmaster's link you can have if you pay shipping from 23701. What's your zip code?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is it really necessary?
About half of my exhaust heat shielding is now missing due to rust, esp the clamps, so I removed sections of it, mostly underneath. I dont think any real harm will occur without that particular shield. Or perhaps just fabricate one?
Maybe someone else can chime in on whether that shield is really necessary?

·
New To Site
126 Posts
I have done a online search ( as I`m sure you have ) for the heat shield you are looking for with no luck at all. I copied this picture from my Haynes manual.. This heat shield looks to be a two piece unit..I have been getting parts from my local auto wrecker off a 2.4L ..Before I go check to see if it has your heat shield could you please verify that its like the one in the picture .

·
Registered
44 Posts
OP, have you looked for junkyards near you that have your model in stock? Some junkyards list the year/make/model of their inventory.

Also, I've never used junkyardpartslocator dot com, but it appears you can enter a part number and they work with junkyards across the country to find the part somewhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have done a online search ( as I`m sure you have ) for the heat shield you are looking for with no luck at all. I copied this picture from my Haynes manual.. This heat shield looks to be a two piece unit..I have been getting parts from my local auto wrecker off a 2.4L ..Before I go check to see if it has your heat shield could you please verify that its like the one in the picture .

View attachment 43572
There are at least 3 variations of this heat shield, since there are at least 3 various exhaust manifolds for this vehicle. They vary by year. The one I'm looking for is just a one piece, for 2000 Eclipse RS (Cali Spec)
Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts