Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

661 - 680 of 723 Posts

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #661
I really need to wash it. I was going to last night but was tired from drilling holes in stumps. Maybe tonight, have to wash at dusk so I don't get wicked water spots from hot black paint. I'll leave the Mazda out so I've got room to dry and wax this evening. Nothing crazy, just a coat of colinite to keep it clean till I get around to doing a real detail later on.

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
I guess Photobucket is a bunch of fuckin whoooores now so none of my pictures work and their website is too broken to download the albums, I'll have to try from a desktop with enough balls to run all the ads. Anyway....

Did some light detail work lately, washed, clayed, glazed, waxed, dyed the visible parts of the wheel well liners black, touched up the wheels, vacuumed the inside and tossed most of the junk out, next up is the glass.

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #669
Z2's+heavy rain+Ohio's inability to make a properly draining road=butt pucker. Srsly, how hard is it to put on enough road crown to drain ALL the lanes?

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
Wow long time no update, all my photos are dead cause fuck photobucket but now they're back I guess but I had deleted all my shit from them and will not be going back. Text updates mostly from now on.

Went out to a Celica meet, had a good time, car got some praise through the twisties from a guy with a much faster (300whp/23psi) Celica, blew past a SRT Challenger cause he couldn't go around a corner faster than 20mph then he blew past me later when he caught back up on flat straight roads, and I found out that a BRZ is nearly as slow as my Celica which is SHOCKING, just absolutely shocking.

Even more determined to get this thing out on the track after getting feedback from someone who tracks their car, he says I'd do surprisingly well and probably really upset some guys with 'faster' cars out there.

But, it's still a slow piece of shit :)

·
Cosmic Turd
222 Posts
That's what I miss most about mine. Slow as balls, but damn fun to drive. I wish more people around here had Celicas, or at least Celicas that aren't riced out of this world. Do you know what setup the guy had to pull 300hp out of one of them? That seems like more than just a straight single turbo slapped on it. Though if it's a 7th gen maybe I'm just uninformed, I only ever researched the potential of my weak 6th gen ST lol

Also since photobucket took a poop I've found imgur to be super useful, basically what photobucket was but without the bullshit.

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #673
Sorry, the 300whp is a 6th gen, 3S swapped I believe. I guess I skimmed over and forgot to put that in there.

Yea, we have 2-3 a year in the midwest, 4th, 5th, (mostly) 6th, and 7th gen Celica. People can drive out whatever though, long as we all have a good time.

I think the Challenger was a Hellcat or something, had a nice blower whining under the hood.

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
I made a flickr and put a few pictures there from time to time.
My new door striker covers came in, I really liked the polished stainless steel with Toyota logo I have now but these are red and match the subtle red accents throughout the car I've been adding.

Theyr'e a nice candy red and match the Metalcast red I use on the Toyota emblem up front really well.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnj1vxy Here's a few beauty shots I took last fall down by the river in a parking lot near sunset. I thought they turned out nicely for a phone camera.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,982 Posts
The 2003 Celica GTS was my 2nd choice when I bought my 3g. Even though 3g numbers are dwindling, I rarely see any 7G Celicas anymore. Glad you're giving it love.

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #676
Experiment time, ordered an alternator decoupling pulley to try to reduce the spinning mass on the engine under heavier acceleration and deceleration. Rockauto lists it as compatible with 'Celica' no specific model, both GT and GTS use the same 55mm alt pulley with the same spacing so we'll see. I'll try to do this one at home and just borrow the tool kit from work, should be interesting if it works. Probably a lot more beneficial to someone with a manual trans but whatever, I like experimenting.

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #679
The pulley came today, it looks like there's plenty of room to fit it and it may be the same or just a blonde hair larger diameter than the stock pulley. I'm hoping to get the alt pulled off the car and pulley swapped in the next couple months, I'll keep this updated.

·
54,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
OAD pulley is on the alternator, ordered a couple gaskets I need to install the DD IM with the 90MM throttle body that'll be in tomorrow at the dealer. I'm not sure if I'll install the IM this weekend or just throw the alternator back on. Having it off makes a little more room to work but isn't needed to do the IM.

661 - 680 of 723 Posts