Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

681 - 697 of 697 Posts

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #682
https://www.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=10466655&g=04RK03K90B
https://www.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=10469280&g=0QAK03G803

Mine is the good looking black 7th gen, I elected to stay toward the back of the group after seeing what the other cars looked like...I didn't want anyone getting into trouble trying to play chase with me. The Stinger has a piggyback and some upped boost, popped off an intercooler hose somewhere so he was a bit crippled sadly. Him and I are, I believe, the best handling cars there. Him with AWD is a step above me but I think I could hang in the tighter stuff with him if we'd had the chance.

My car performed as expected. Great in the corners, lacking the right gearing often, but very fun. My suspension is set fairly well for this, easy to recover from either end of the car stepping out of my intended line, tires communicate well, brakes felt great, suspension did everything I wanted of it. You'd have to be doing something pretty stupid to get my car into trouble! Had a black bear cub scamper across the road on my way up, got a little tripod and understeer into a sharply banked hard inside hairpin trying to keep up with a couple sport bikes I'd let go past me, made my M light for the trans blink at me on the way up because I got it hot from pushing the car hard. Lots of time in 1st and 2nd gear with throttle flat out will do that, I'll have a trans cooler on for the next time I come down. Overall I'm pleased with the car, slow but fun! I didn't have any cars I needed to let go past which was just dumb luck, passed a few non Harley bikes which was surprising, let a few very very fast bikes go past me, didn't cross the double yellow except to go around people who had pulled off, just Dragon things.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sweeet. Good looking photos. Love the dragon. Took my bike there one year. Most fun I've had besides the track.

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
Ordered up some fresh Dunlop Z3 to replace my 6yr old slightly dry rotted 1/3 depth remaining Z2's. I pre-sold my Z2's for $100 locally and will get another $150 in mail in rebated on the Z3's so that makes it like almost 1/2 price on the new set of tires. The Z3 are supposed to be a subtle improvement over the Z2 StarSpec which were an improvement over the standard Z2 so as long as they're as good at the Z2 were I'll pretty happy.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,918 Posts
I learned to drive on a '74 Celica GT. Was going to be mine until someone wiped it out while it was parked on the street. Got a '78 Celica GT hatch as my first car. Loved them.

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
Everyone has a Celica story, it's crazy and I love it. Though I have to admit, even all these years later the 7th gen Celica is still a terribly polarizing design and I still can't totally figure out if I love it or not.

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
Pre-trip, let's go all clean.

I repaired the damaged red accent ring in my center cap, can't even tell which on is the one I fixed!

Booty beauty shots

The scoop off for detailing framed the strut bar nicely

I found out that M5 rivet nuts fit into the fender liner clip holes perfectly so I have bolted fender liners now.

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,426 Posts
Haven't been on here in a while, Can't believe you still have the Celica lol.

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #693
Those Z3 seem pretty sticky, I can't wait to try them out. I'm working on getting the parking brake working properly as well, I need to figure out if it's cable stretch or maladjustment at the shoes. I'm bringing the rear rotors one at a time to work to clean up the parking drums on them and go from there. I mean not that I actually need a working parking brake because auto but it's nice to have all the things working.

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #695
You're gonna steal my wheel well liner bolt thing, aren't you? Lol. Please do. I was so unsure about that but it's grown on me quickly, I'm really liking it. I bet that most imports use the same size clip so M5 rivet nuts likely fit for the 3G as well.

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #696

So that song played while I was on the Dragon but sadly was stuck behind people who were un-passable. I don't know if ASMR is really a thing or just some milenial buzzword bullshit but that song and driving always put some chills down my spine and a smile on my face.

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #697
I know all new tires have that new tire stink but DAMN. These ones take the cake. I opened my garage this morning and it smelled like I'd left a bucket of rancid pond muck spilled on the floor in there. Like an old septic tank was getting pumped. Like someone forgot to empty the portapotty for a few months. If these things grip as good as they stink....

681 - 697 of 697 Posts