Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

721 - 727 of 727 Posts

·
54,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #721 (Edited)
So hit up my Amazon order history and I haven't cleaned this filter since 2016 when I put it on lol. Should be all dry, left it in front of a box fan all night and all day. Hoping to get the bumper on tonight. Replaced the fog light bracket last night while the cleaner was soaking the air filter. Looking like I'll have good weather to go for a drive this weekend, just don't know where to go with it. If I don't have somewhere to go I have a hard time going, if that makes sense. I love driving it but I can't rationalize it without a purpose.

·
1,131 Posts
So hit up my Amazon order history and I haven't cleaned this filter since 2016 when I put it on lol. Should be all dry, left it in front of a box fan all night and all day. Hoping to get the bumper on tonight. Replaced the fog light bracket last night while the cleaner was soaking the air filter. Looking like I'll have good weather to go for a drive this weekend, just don't know where to go with it. If I don't have somewhere to go I have a hard time going, if that makes sense. I love driving it but I can't rationalize it without a purpose.
Download the calimoto app and let it pick a route for you. You can have it generate A to B routes or loops that start and end at a location. All you need to put in is a desired distance, but you can put other parameters in too. I use it all of the time with motorcycle rides and it's pretty awesome for giving you routes if you have no location in mind.

Just bring your charger with you. The app is not optimized as well as other navigation apps like google maps and it'll drain your battery pretty quick. OTher than that it's brought me to a lot of great places that I would have never found otherwise.

As far as purpose, you're looking for a place to eat lunch/drink coffee/eat ice cream. You just aren't quite sure where yet, but when you see it, you'll know. ;)

·
54,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #723 (Edited)
Download the calimoto app and let it pick a route for you. You can have it generate A to B routes or loops that start and end at a location. All you need to put in is a desired distance, but you can put other parameters in too. I use it all of the time with motorcycle rides and it's pretty awesome for giving you routes if you have no location in mind.

Just bring your charger with you. The app is not optimized as well as other navigation apps like google maps and it'll drain your battery pretty quick. OTher than that it's brought me to a lot of great places that I would have never found otherwise.

As far as purpose, you're looking for a place to eat lunch/drink coffee/eat ice cream. You just aren't quite sure where yet, but when you see it, you'll know. ;)
That sounds like an awesome app! Thanks, I'll check it out.
Seems like IL is capable of defeating it, we have no curves lol. I'll still give it a shake though!

·
54,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
Did about 40 minutes of highway driving on Saturday, no leaks, can't tell if it's any different because of course that's not when it was a problem. I don't think I'll ever get it hot enough to tell until I go back down to the dragon, there's no where that demands that level of thrashing on the trans for that length of time.

Streets just can't handle all the power now with my cooled trans fluid! Clearly there was something slick in the intersection, probably left over fluids from an accident. I was on throttle in 2nd gear to make the yellow arrow and started under steering pretty heavily and started to correct when the rears lost some traction and slipped out and pointed the noise over like I way over corrected. Nothing awful but a nice reminder to always be careful on the street and don't screw around. No one to hit but if a cop had seen that I doubt explaining that there was something slick in the intersection would have gotten me very far...

·
54,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
Finally replaced my rusty plate bolts in the front. Stainless with black plastic caps. It looks much much nicer now.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
54,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
Bought a catch can to go with the intake I'm perpetually putting off installing because it gives me anxiety to start messing with how it runs/performs for fear of making it worse not better and being disappointed in it. Yay!

I'll get it together someday. I think I have all the parts now, I need to bring home my aluminum line and get some scraps of fuel hose to make connections. I want to hardline the vacuum hoses so they're more nicer looking or something because I like to torture myself with inane little details like that which no one will notice or care about. But hey, makes me feel warm n fuzzy... probably just the anxiety.

·
54,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #727
Had a nice drive up to Elgin yesterday to give someone some retro computer parts, I guess Pentium 4's are retro now?
Drove as nice as always, got some eyes from a dude in a Maserati when I down shifted to 1st for a light so I gave him a little exhaust note into lift in first gear which raised an eye brow. Traffic sucked so I couldn't scream through any tunnels in the city like we all love to do, but what little I could do sounded really nice. Still slow, still love driving it.

721 - 727 of 727 Posts