Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting into the modding scene. I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5-speed.

Currently I have:
1" lowering springs
Cold air intake
Stainless Steel exhaust
high flow cat muffler
4" tip

new belts and clutch.

Also, the guy who owned the car before me was a mechanic. He put in a rebuilt 2001 transmission.

I want to add a turbo, but i'm not knowledgable enough yet.

Any help?

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
i know, i'm just not very knowledgable of those things.
Then search and read and learn about what it takes to put a turbo on this car. It is not a simple and easy undertaking. Just from reading your mod list I can tell a turbo is way way WAY over your head at this point. A 4" tip just means you have a megaphone on your exhaust making it louder then it should be. A high flow cat muffler. There is no such thing. You probably mean just high flow cat. 1" lowering springs? What type? If cheap ebay ones they are going to sag bad in the near future. What about aftermarket shocks to go along with those springs? Your stock shocks/struts can't be too happy right now.

Also I have to ask why did the previous owner put a 2001 tranny in the car? The 2000 and 2001 are identical so he must have ran the piss out of the car or didn't know how to drive a 5spd depending on how many miles are on the car.

There I gave you some stuff to SEARCH and learn about.

·
db
986 Posts
welcome. and yes please do as crow suggested. everyone wants a turbo one their car. there aren't enough well done cars on the road. please try to make one.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then search and read and learn about what it takes to put a turbo on this car. It is not a simple and easy undertaking. Just from reading your mod list I can tell a turbo is way way WAY over your head at this point. A 4" tip just means you have a megaphone on your exhaust making it louder then it should be. A high flow cat muffler. There is no such thing. You probably mean just high flow cat. 1" lowering springs? What type? If cheap ebay ones they are going to sag bad in the near future. What about aftermarket shocks to go along with those springs? Your stock shocks/struts can't be too happy right now.

Also I have to ask why did the previous owner put a 2001 tranny in the car? The 2000 and 2001 are identical so he must have ran the piss out of the car or didn't know how to drive a 5spd depending on how many miles are on the car.

There I gave you some stuff to SEARCH and learn about.
Well, a girl owned the car until 2006. She never replaced the clutch so he did. The transmission was bad, which is common in 2000 3g's i found out through research. So he put in the 2001, because the 2001 was used through the 05' model i believe. The mechanic bought the car to be his project car, later changing his mind to a supra(lucky). Yes, I did mean High flow cat. I don't know what springs lol I'll have to look on the receipts

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
Well, a girl owned the car until 2006. She never replaced the clutch so he did. The transmission was bad, which is common in 2000 3g's i found out through research. So he put in the 2001, because the 2001 was used through the 05' model i believe. The mechanic bought the car to be his project car, later changing his mind to a supra(lucky). Yes, I did mean High flow cat. I don't know what springs lol I'll have to look on the receipts
I've been around for a while and I am unaware of this so called problem with the 2000 tranny. I would bet that someone beat the hell out of the car to warrant a change with only 96k miles on it.

Also don't make multiple threads about about the same thing in different forums.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Welcome!

I second that regards the 00' tranny, have no probs to speak of!

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
I third the 2000 tranny havent had an issue yet 80,xxx miles and still going strong. but welcome to the site and as crow stated research ;)
Not to mention im the 4th or 5th owner of this car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts