Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Watsup, i just bought a 2000

2K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Kai 
#1 ·
I'm just getting into the modding scene. I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5-speed.

Currently I have:
1" lowering springs
Cold air intake
Stainless Steel exhaust
high flow cat muffler
4" tip

new belts and clutch.

Also, the guy who owned the car before me was a mechanic. He put in a rebuilt 2001 transmission.

I want to add a turbo, but i'm not knowledgable enough yet.

Any help?

#10 ·
Then search and read and learn about what it takes to put a turbo on this car. It is not a simple and easy undertaking. Just from reading your mod list I can tell a turbo is way way WAY over your head at this point. A 4" tip just means you have a megaphone on your exhaust making it louder then it should be. A high flow cat muffler. There is no such thing. You probably mean just high flow cat. 1" lowering springs? What type? If cheap ebay ones they are going to sag bad in the near future. What about aftermarket shocks to go along with those springs? Your stock shocks/struts can't be too happy right now.

Also I have to ask why did the previous owner put a 2001 tranny in the car? The 2000 and 2001 are identical so he must have ran the piss out of the car or didn't know how to drive a 5spd depending on how many miles are on the car.

There I gave you some stuff to SEARCH and learn about.

G
#28 · (Edited)
OMG had to reply

ok, im pretty sure this'll make it clear, the MAF is right in front of you...other than that...i have a 00 eclipse RS at 65,000 miles and the tranny works like a charm
->as far as im concerned, after looking at this board, my advice is save up your money, take your car to a shop and get it done professionally...might be more expensive, but saves you a lot of head-scratching hours there kid...

Enjoy your car, welcome to the Club3g forums...and read these pages for days...if not weeks/months!!
:cool2:

G
#30 ·
yeah man dont take it offensively, didnt mean it that way...but i know it as a firsthand experience (since im dealing with all the turbo stuff right now) that its not easy and you gotta be pretty good with cars to get it done...so dont take it the wrong way, i just wanna make sure you dont get into something and get it halfway done and never finish it, or worse finish it and blow something cause you didnt know what the hell you were doing!

so good luck with it, and if you do go turbo, post in the F/I section and keep us posted.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.