Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I currently do about 16 mpg, but what I've noticed is that when I do a hard steering the needle on my gauge goes significantly down. ¿What in the steering system could cause my mpg to go down?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
If you're talking about if your turn your steering wheel the whole way and the fuel gauge needle drops, that could be a whole separate issue. Like an alternator no making enough power under load, so the gauge reads low under load.

Do you have any check engine lights on?

Also, I'll be moving this to problem reports section since it's a problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that is what I meant. It doesnt go all the way down, just a little, and it will never raise again to where it was before the turn.

I had a light on weeks ago for a misfire on cylinder 3, that is the only code thrown.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes, that is what I meant. It doesnt go all the way down, just a little, and it will never raise again to where it was before the turn.

I had a light on weeks ago for a misfire on cylinder 3, that is the only code thrown.
When you turn the car in any direction, gas is going to slosh around inside the gas tank, which could make the float register different levels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts