1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cola
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01 GT MT 86,500 miles.
CAI

This happens in neutral and in gear.

Everytime I rev the engine a little, just at the 1k rpm spot, and go past, I hear this noise like its rubbing against something. Like a really rough noise, its not loud, but just rough. The car doesnt shudder or anything. I just hear that noise.

I have not noticed any performance decreases.. Although, I do know that my clutch is in dire need of replacement.

I cant really explain much past this.

All belts are due for a change this coming wed.
Oil was just changed yesterday, (mobil 1 syn.)
Plugs were changed at 70k

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Could you describe the sound that you are hearing a little better? The reason I ask is because you mentioned your clutch needing to be changed. I am waiting to get my car back from having a new clutch put in. Prior to that, I heard a bunch of noises (e.g., grinding, clanking, etc.).

·
Cola
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to say its more of a grinding noise. You have to actually listen for it to be able to hear it. The only reason I noticed is because the radio was off, and I was leavin work, and tired but ya.. I heard it.. and was like.. wtf? But it does it whether the car is hot or cold.

·
Cola
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, TOB is heard when the clutch pedal is Depressed, at that time you are able to hear the infamous empty machine gun.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hmm I just changed a tob in an elantra (pita) and its the fork kind and we didnt line it up right and it rattled. needless to say it was fixed when he dropped the tranny again :(

·
Cola
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, I realize that... with the clutch Depressed (let out) it is Engaged... that is when the noise is heard. (what the other guy is talking about)

In my case, its when I rev the car exactly over the 1k rpm spot. It only happens on that one spot, and it wont continuously happen if I hold it there.

·
Registered
358 Posts
azn-solja, you may have your terms incorrect: by engaged, do you mean foot on or off the clutch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts