Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Weird Noise at 1k rpm

609 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Hardline 
#1 ·
01 GT MT 86,500 miles.
CAI

This happens in neutral and in gear.

Everytime I rev the engine a little, just at the 1k rpm spot, and go past, I hear this noise like its rubbing against something. Like a really rough noise, its not loud, but just rough. The car doesnt shudder or anything. I just hear that noise.

I have not noticed any performance decreases.. Although, I do know that my clutch is in dire need of replacement.

I cant really explain much past this.

All belts are due for a change this coming wed.
Oil was just changed yesterday, (mobil 1 syn.)
Plugs were changed at 70k

#2 ·
Could you describe the sound that you are hearing a little better? The reason I ask is because you mentioned your clutch needing to be changed. I am waiting to get my car back from having a new clutch put in. Prior to that, I heard a bunch of noises (e.g., grinding, clanking, etc.).

#3 ·
I would have to say its more of a grinding noise. You have to actually listen for it to be able to hear it. The only reason I noticed is because the radio was off, and I was leavin work, and tired but ya.. I heard it.. and was like.. wtf? But it does it whether the car is hot or cold.

#8 ·
yes, I realize that... with the clutch Depressed (let out) it is Engaged... that is when the noise is heard. (what the other guy is talking about)

In my case, its when I rev the car exactly over the 1k rpm spot. It only happens on that one spot, and it wont continuously happen if I hold it there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.