Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Im new to the Mitsubishi scene. A couple weeks ago I picked up a 2003 Eclipse GT auto. Ive slowly been working through problems like o2 sensors and valve cover gaskets, but now I'm on to the weird problems.

When I get in the car, i need to turn the key to on and try the blinkers, if they work then I can start the car and drive it and the blinkers and hi beams will work normally. But, sometimes the blinkers will not work when I turn the key to on, and if I start the car after that, they will not work for the entire time I drive it along with the high beams. It is a strange issue and I don't know where to start. I don't think its the turn signal switch, because it will work EVERY time if I can get it to work once during that ignition cycle. It also won't work AT ALL if I cant get it to work once during an ignition cycle. The headlights will turn on normally, but pushing the stock to turn on the hi beams will NOT work, with the same conditions as the turn signals as mentioned above.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would swap out the switch first. It's a pretty inexpensive part. Tearstone has a great ilustration on how to disassemble the column without breaking anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Eclipse Spyder with the exact same issue. I check the blinkers before I start the motor. If they don't blink I just turn the ignition on and off a couple of times. I am pretty sure the windshield wipers and the heater fan are also disabled during this event. Have you had any success?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts