Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

381 - 400 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello there I am new to this forum and new the the Mitsubishi life. Really excited to learn all i can from this forum and hopefully I can help someone else in return.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I cant seem to find my first post. There's no link that's easy to find that takes me to my posts. This site is frustrating the way its organized compared to the many others I've experienced.
Hit "search" on the task bar and select "find my posts", its the last item on the pull down....

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's his first car and we're learning together. First job: we took the front end apart and repaired the bumper cover, repainted it and straightened all the structural members. I had him wire brush the exposed front end and underbody structure. Next step was paint POR15 EVERYWHERE! I then jacked up the back end and had him clean the underbody and paint POR15! Next week, he does his first timing belt!
Well, TB/WP done! A few days after completion, the check engine light came on. read the code----P0421--- "warm up catalyst effiiciency below threshold"... I also noticed the rad fans cycling on and off. This happened to my wifes' Lancer Sportback last year and it was a simple matter of changing out the temp fan controller module...$15. Not so with the Eclipse! You have to replace the #1 fan assembly at $250!!!! A visit to the Pick and Pull is at hand, tomorrow! Well, last night when my son returned from work, he informed me the light went out... We'll get this fan controller issue resolved and keep an eye on the CEL... I thought they might be related as my OBD reader indicated the car was never reaching operating temp. At least it appears, a possible O2 and or $Cat$ replacement may not be in our future....
When he pays me off, we can start on the suspension--- rear sway bar bushings and end links first, then struts and springs---- any suggestions??? i.e. decent replacements at a reasonable price, where to get said parts etc... THANKS in advance!

And fellow newbies, let's make this forum more interesting, post PICS of your new rides!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello.. my name is Samantha but you can call me Sam. I just purchased my 2005 Mitsu Eclispe GTS about 3 weeks ago and I'm concerned with a few issues I've found recently. I've been lurking on this site for a while before finally deciding to join.. If anyone can get in touch with me and we can figure out a solution, as some of you may have found the same issues? Thanks again and I look forward to getting to know each other!

Thanks,
Sam

·
6,548 Posts
Hi Sam and wtts! We actually have a forum dedicated to resolving issues for members, called Problem Reports. Take a quick look over the "rules"/guidelines of that forum (attn: #4) to get an idea of how best to describe your issue, create a thread detailing the car's issues and other members will gladly try to offer help to resolve the issue or figure out what is wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi my fellow G3 enthusiasts. I am fairly new here. I have a 03 Eclipse GTS Manual. I have already replace the radiator, the clutch and the hatch struts in a little less that a year. I have you guys at the forum to thank for helping me out when doing my research. I look forward in continuing to resolve my Eclipse problem here.

·
2000 RS
62 Posts
I've lurked this site for two months now. I finally decided to join on in, the amount of time I've thrown at this car should warrant that. :mecry2:
I purchased a 2000 RS manual not too long ago, sadly the tranny died not long after, lots of black crude oil dripping from the bellhousing, heard metal bits fling all around. Pulled a tranny from a Pick A Part a bit ago, it's fully prepped to go in, but I ran into snags trying to fit it around the pressure plate and over the subframe. Boots on everything suspension related looked destroyed too, so that'll come next. :facepalm:
The site has been very helpful from what I have read so far though, thanks a lot everyone!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio and just bought my first 3G a couple of weeks ago.

Very excited to get to work on my car and I'm going to do my best to be an active part of the community here on Club 3G!

Oh, and I'm an Industrial Designer and Graphic Designer by profession, so I would love to get tied in and help out wherever I can.... graphics, decals, what ever it may be. Love that shit

·
31,369 Posts
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio and just bought my first 3G a couple of weeks ago.

Very excited to get to work on my car and I'm going to do my best to be an active part of the community here on Club 3G!

Oh, and I'm an Industrial Designer and Graphic Designer by profession, so I would love to get tied in and help out wherever I can.... graphics, decals, what ever it may be. Love that shit

Be sure to sign up in the GLR section and keep track of upcoming events. Use to have a lot in OH, now it seems like we just get together for the DSM Shootout... However there are others. Welcome to the Club. :wavey:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi fellows

Hi fellas I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself, I am in Tuscarawas County Ohio. For those of you who do not know where that is I am about 70 miles South of Cleveland and that is 25 miles or so South of the NFL Football Hall of Fame. I just picked up a 3G Eclipse a few weeks back, I have not owned one before so this would be my first Eclipse,
I have enjoyed it, I have a 2001 Eclipse Gt, 6cylin 3.0. Mods have been done to the car.
Again Hi everyone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello! Well, my son and I pulled the rear suspension off a wrecked GT at the local Pick and Pull. Over the last 2 months we've acquired poly bushings (good excuse for me to acquire a press!!) and installed them, rebuilt the calipers cleaned and painted everything and pounded the backing plates back into shape. Very soon, we'll be installing these parts into his GS! He's looking forward to 4 wheel disc brakes, finally...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello club3g just bought a 03 Eclipse GTS and Im loving it to death.

Picked it up with 95k miles, I'm getting ready to bring to the shop to get it looked at. Any suggestions on what I should be looking at? Pretty much a complete newbie and not real sure about the issues with this car at this mileage. Heard the timing belt needs replaced at around 120k but other than that I'm in the dark.

Cheers, glad to be here! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys throughout my google searches, I've found some cool reads, and I've been lurking since 2014 as a member lmao just never posted..

I bought a crashed 2001 mitsubishi mirage, and basically built an OEM car -__- ($$$$)

Since I dumped so much into it, can't really get rid of it.. anyways I've always wanted to go 4g69 in a mirage, but didn't want to deal with the vacuum pump or mivec.. so the next best thing.. 4g64..

Goals are to get 160/160 whp and torque..

Already picked up a 4g69 from the trans the other day, 4:1 final drive ratio.. so mpg will suffer but oh well..
Planning on building 4g64 SOHC, because California :( and I want to make it pass smog so keeping it as lowkey as possible..

Don't think I'll post much, but I will def lurk alot

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey people, just joined, bought myself a dark blue 2000 Eclipse gt, I haven't even had it for a day and I'm in love with it already :)

381 - 400 of 432 Posts