Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

401 - 420 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new and my name is Ted. After owning 13 Mustangs I don't like the current ones because of all the computers and the car's body got too big. I had one convertible and decided I would get a 3G 2000-2005 Eclipse Spyder GT because it didn't have a 4 cylinder and didn't have a turbo, I had my mind made up the I wanted a 2000-2005 Eclipse Spyder GT V6 manual. Problem was, every single person I talked to said those weren't real Eclipses because they are now fat and slow and no turbo. I also loved the looks of the 2000-2005 Eclipses and most everyone favored the 95-99 Design. SO, I just bought a 95 Eclipse GS-T with a manual transmission. It's not a convertible and yes it's a 4 cylinder having the 4g63Turbo engine, but the car has been modified. Here is what the car has according to the listing. NO rust on front or rear strut towers. Adjustable shocks all the way around. Strut support bars front and back. $g63turbo engine original turbo car upgraded clutch upgraded tranny with limited slip Apexi 2 safe (super air fuel controller) apexi turbo timer, big front mount intercooler full stainless exhaust with cat delete, AFR gauge, water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, voltage gauge, 137K miles. Aftermarket Kevlar timing belt, intake tube greddy blow off valve. Runs very strong, no smoke, heat works. Needs a couple tires and and suspension work from Rock Auto for $206 (all 4 control arms and both uppers and stabilizer links. The worst thing about the car is that it has no rust but the previous owner either sprayed it with black primer or flat black paint and it looks awful! So, I'd like to get a vinyl wrap put on the car. There are some other issues. It has no power steering but the guy says a short hose and a couple clamps would take care of that. I have my suspicions. Also it has new gauges along the top driver's door frame but none of them are hooked up. The guy said they just need to be hooked into the fuse box but won't that just give it light but no needle movement? Maybe he already did the other part needed on the gauges. He said he would install all of the new front suspension parts for $100. He said he would get all of the gauges working for $20. The other thing I noticed is that it has the white faced gauges but in the dark you can't read the gauges. I'm thinking burned out bulbs but some of those gauges don't work either. The turbo gauge barely moves and the gas gauge is broke I think. But, when he took me on a test drive, it was so fast it scared me it was so chest pounding fast. It had more power than my modified fox body 5.0 Mustangs did. It has a rather low exhaust as well, though I'd like a muffler with a better sound. Anyways, because of the cosmetic condition I paid the man $1400 total for the car. The engine is worth more than that and their has been so many upgrades as well. I think I got a good deal but it's going to need to a be a project and I'm going to need your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone, Joined here to help my son with his first car a 2003 Spyder GT. got a great deal on it because of neglect, working to bring it back. Already a day plus cleaning, another installing a new top, and a lot of little things in the engine compartment. soon the dreaded timing belt. We will be looking for a lot of help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello and thank you most graciously for your welcoming me I've heard a great deal about this forum and hense why I'm here and a member at last and hoping to learn as much as I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone new to the 3g univerese and looking to learn what i can my wife bought me a 2000 eclipse gt for 400 bucks looking to just redo the motor and get familiar with it before I even think of doing a swap I know my way around cars but not to the extent of what you guys are capable of its amazing. Well any way hopefully I can tune later on in the week for suggestions and help thanks for the welcoming ahead

·
2000 RS
62 Posts
Hi everyone new to the 3g univerese and looking to learn what i can my wife bought me a 2000 eclipse gt for 400 bucks looking to just redo the motor and get familiar with it before I even think of doing a swap I know my way around cars but not to the extent of what you guys are capable of its amazing. Well any way hopefully I can tune later on in the week for suggestions and help thanks for the welcoming ahead
I was going to reintroduce myself, but saw your post, so I thought it would be a good idea to connect with each other. I bought a 2000 Eclipse RS last October, and just purchased a 2000 Eclipse GT last week, and am in a similar boat. 160k miles on mine, needs a head gasket and maybe oil pan gasket, but for 1k, I couldn't skip it. Sounds like we have a similar mindset! Good luck with your V6!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks for this site. I'm sure I'm not doing this correctly, but trying, so here it goes. I always wanted an Evo or Eclipse or similar, but am a poor older disabled nurse on Social security. So I now have a chance to buy a 2008 Eclipse GS (Special Package), which apparently is electric glass moon-roof, RF stereo, and the rest. I t has 51,000 on it, and buying it from original purchaser who got it new from a local dealer. It has been hit in right front fender, but damage is limited to that, and front clip has been torn in spots, and needs replacing eventually. 2.4 automatic and rest of car is in good condition. She wants about $3,000 from me total. Starts and runs fine, tags even still good. I would be stupid to pass this up right? Or with fender, clip and paint, not so great of a deal. Any help is genuinely appreciated, and thanks again!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all! We've recently bought an '03 Spyder GTS, and hope to find some useful info here in resolving a few small issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Third time Eclipse owner

Hi there! My 2003 GTS (158K) may become a spare part alternative as needed for my 2003 GT (102K). I'm here looking for thought and suggestions. Zero experience in auto repair. May just keep it that way. Will see. Thank you.:dunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in that boat as well. I bought my 1st 2000 Eclipse uses but loved it. Traded that in on a new 2003 GTS and put 158,000 miles on it. Now it needs internal engine work, timing belt, a creaky clutch pedal, and some Driver front wheel issues. It also has a leaky driver carpet and non-functional cruse control. But I had to have it and tomorrow will buy a 2003 GT 3.0 manual with 102K. At 58 years young I hope to take it the distance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks

Thank you for the welcome and I hope to learn more about my ride as well as learn about everyone else's. Wanting to take an automotive course in a few years so that I can confidently work on my own car and maybe help a few others out while passing on what I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need help with a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse gt issue

Hello My name is Melissa i have a 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse gt 3.0. The car runs great really has 1 issue. When i go to start it it floods my spark plugs? My husband takes out the front 3 plugs disconnects the fuel pump fuse and turns the car over clears out the cylinders and puts dry plugs in bumps it over and puts the fuse back in and it starts up? Any suggestions there are no codes. Thank you very much for letting me join this site. Melissa

·
Registered
2 Posts
New 2003 GT Owner

I just helped my son buy a 2003 GT. It is a 5-speed with about 122K miles. We put a new clutch and battery in it already. It could use new front seats, a drivers side front floor mat, new pneumatic struts for the liftgate, and a good wash and wax. I'm looking forward to getting to know the forum members and learning more about this great looking little sporty car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
New owner 2004 Spyder GS

Hi guys.
Just thought I would introduce myself. I am near Montreal, Qc. Will pick up my new to me toy this Friday. There is still a few feet of snow and I did not want to buy snow tires as they are needed by law around here till March 15 inclusive. Beside, the car has never seen winter, or so I am told. No maintenance record and 107K miles so first up is Tbelt & water pump, drive belts, fluids and filters and plugs. Next, check the drive line, brakes & lines and I should be good to go for the summer. Oh, and a good wash & wax.;)
Don

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Austin

Hi all. I’m new to the forum. I just bought a project car - ‘03 Eclipse GTS manual transmission - and expect to be searching through the forums for some advice. It’s currently at crank - no start with ‘wiring issues’. CPS an manifold pressure sensors are throwing error codes. Hope to have some time this weekend to spend to look into it more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I am selling my 2003 GTS Eclipse and wonder what I should ask for it? At 138,000 it appears to be in excellent condition. I just repainted it and polished out the head lights, & it stays covered. I only use it for a local grocery run here, but no hard miles on it.

I looked for flaws, one water leak on the hatch when washed. Any ideas what range I should be asking?

·
2003 GTZ 3.8 MT
16 Posts
Hello Club3G!

Nice to be back! Used to be a member years and years ago, than life happened. Still driving an 8th gen Galant GTZ with a 6g75/5sp swap and JDM conversion plus some other goodies.

401 - 420 of 432 Posts