Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought a new-to-me car. After reviewing KBB, etc., the price seemed right, and it's what I was wanting to spend on a commuter. Incidentally, the guy also had a high-mileage '97 Caddy Catera for $3999. :dunno:

The transmission feels like it could use a refresh, but it's very solid once it's up to temperature. Interestingly, I've found that if you turn the heater on before starting the car, the coolant temperature gauge doesn't move. :lol:

Anyway, the thing is silky-smooth. It ran wonderfully at 75-80 on my 40-mile commute home from the dealer this evening, and took the hills far better than I would have expected. Better, even, than my 142K mile 1996 4Runner SR5.

The best part is, I paid for it in cash, so I now have two vehicles with no car payments. Very, very refreshing.

Pics:

Got it for $2906 out the door after the taxes, dealer fees, etc.

·
Premium Member
24,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
140K. Not going to be any mods; this is my commuter. I put almost 40K miles on my 4Runner in the last year, at an average of 20mpg. :sad:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
140K. Not going to be any mods; this is my commuter. I put almost 40K miles on my 4Runner in the last year, at an average of 20mpg. :sad:
Haha. Damn. You should be getting like 40 mpg average now.

Come on man, not even going to hook it up with chrome hub caps?

·
Premium Member
24,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about a Spoon engine and a Motec system exhaust. :lol:

·
Damnit.
7,392 Posts
I had a '93 EX before the Z28 -- that thing took a beating from me and then my sister before she drove it under a Suburban ... :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,183 Posts
Just so I can rip apart my car and work on it during the "down" months. There's also those 2 days of the year with ice. :lol: That ='s no fun for the TA.

·
Damnit.
7,392 Posts
You should try it :lol: I drove sideways in three inches of snow for the better part of 3 uphill blocks two winters ago in the 'Maro. :D

·
WannaB Sexual Banana
2,793 Posts
I hear that. I have 3 cars and a bike, all payment free. Its very nice.

Don't ask me why a single man of my age has 4 modes of transportation. I think it is ridiculous too :lol:
:lol: me too... I have the 3GT, Civic SI, and Nissan pickup... I have a Yamaha dirtbike too :wiggle: Great feeling isnt it! My 3Gs right rear tire just went flat yesterday, so now I just drive the truck everywhere...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts