Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1101 - 1110 of 1110 Posts

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,101 ·
Maintenance update: Car is running great but I started noticing the internal oil was getting sprayed out of the SC under boost. Meaning a bad internal seal. So the V-3 has been remove from the shaft and sent to Vortech for repairs. Hope to get it back soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
To save from having to read through literally 1000+ posts, could I get a short recap of what you did you the car? It looks like you're running the RIPP SC, did you do anything else to the engine to build it up, or just slap it on and enjoy it?

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,103 ·
In a nutshell hi just put the SDS on my stock GTS bottom end. With headers, fuel rails, injectors, Vortech FMU, gauges, water methanol injection, ECU flash and a lot of tuning and testing. It worked great and gave me 300 whp. So it was not just a 'slap on' and go. I took a lot of time to make sure that the stock bottom end survived. And it did until I inadvertently dropped some washers down the intake and thought I did major damage to the engine. That's when I upgraded the power plant. When Pharmacies moved to Texas, he had a built engine just sitting in the corner of his shop that I bought from him. I had that refreshed (twice unfortunately) and I'm currently using it now with the bigger V-3 Vortech supercharger.

Now I'm strictly in maintenance mode. Might do some cut outs for the exhaust and maybe some cams. But I'm at the point where I just wanna enjoy this project. I will use a different platform and a different power plant for any future projects that might come up down the road.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,105 ·
Yes! A little package came from Vortech today! The V-3 looks wonderfully refreshed. Not going in immediately, as I have some maintenance to do while the car is still n/a.... not for long though because I can’t stand how slow the car is now. Yuck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,107 ·
Finally got around to attaching the V-3 to the shaft. Back in the car and enjoyed a little rip. Got to mess with the tune a little bit, but glad to have her back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,110 ·
Had a cool evening tonight so I thought I do some data logging. 2nd gear rip up a substantial hill. Not ideal. The hill loaded up the drive-train, leading to some usable data. Recorded 13.2 peak psi on the Stage 1 pulley. The V-3 is WAY better than the V-5 Vortech. Well, I should say that the V-3 is just more efficient and provides more usable boost. The V-5 is still a good unit. Got to still tighten up the AFRs and Timing. Not sure when I'll be able to actually hit a dyno. My curiosity to see the numbers will eventually push me in that direction.

1101 - 1110 of 1110 Posts