Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
boostin past V8s
534 Posts
In most people's opinions and also a shown fact is that, wet shot is safer to run and will pull u harder at say a 50shot than a 50shot of dry.

I'm sure ive read on some of this info somewhere, do a search..

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
fallenSHADOWS said:
so i'm just curious which would be the better buy. a wet shot kit or a dry shot kit?
do you know what the difference is...? but as already stated wet is imo a better choice

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
Wet shot- nitrous is mixed with the fuel before injected into the combustion chamber.

Dry Shot- nitrous is sprayed through the intake and into the manifold.

Wet is better for a few reasons.... dry usually feeds a line to your fuel pressure regulator that is supposed to "spike" your fuel pressure up to get the additional fuel for the nitrous. This is ok, but is a crude way of ensuring proper nitrous to fuel ratio, and it's not optimized, so you won't make the best power from certain shot size. It is also much harder to calibrate if your motor is already "warmed over", or you have bigger injectors etc...

Wet kits meter nitrous and fuel and deliver it to the intake. THe nitrous fuel ratio is closer to optimum. Both nitrous and fuel remove heat from the intake charge, so the cooling effect is also a little higher with the wet kit.... the system does not care about injectors size, or other mods. It adds as an example 75 hp of nitrous, and 75 hp worth of fuel.

:twothumb:

·
Damn I look good
941 Posts
Yes as I have ran both a dry and wet before I will agree. The thing is the install on the wet kit drove me crazy seeing as I had never worked on anything other than Camaros and the ocational Vet. before this, I had no idea where to find any of the fuel lines. I was told that the manifold would have to be taken out to even get your hands to it.

Dry kit took us around 2hrs with purge kit installed.

And I still dont know where the hell the fuel line is. I had to get it installed at a shop. I want my N2O back now. Do they make a wet or dry kit specificly for Eclipses?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya know i havent really seen anything specifically for eclipses, which is too bad. ZEX, and pretty much everyone else, makes a kit for V6 engines but thats about as selective as they get.

i would say the wet kit makes sense. throwing dry N2O gas into the intake dosn't sound too professional, and installation can't be to hard. I've been painting my car the last month and i'm sure anything is easier than that :)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I've had to wonder, since I've never seen one mentioned, is there any plus to a dry kit - other than possibly the ease of installation? They're not that much cheaper, and everyone says that a wet kit is better (and it makes perfect sense that it is).

Why do they even make the dry kits if the wet kit is superior in pretty much every way?

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
mozart4898 said:
I've had to wonder, since I've never seen one mentioned, is there any plus to a dry kit - other than possibly the ease of installation? They're not that much cheaper, and everyone says that a wet kit is better (and it makes perfect sense that it is).
Why do they even make the dry kits if the wet kit is superior in pretty much every way?
pretty much so that ricers can put nitrous kits on there cars :eek3:

·
What's your ISM?
180 Posts
I don't think they make kits for every car. THey usually have a general kit for domestics, one for imports, and then specialty kits for things like twin turbos, BMWs etc. The basic import installation is pretty much the same no matter the car. Check with Nitrous Express (www.nitrousexpress.com). I'm working with my sponsor and car club to put in a dual stage setup over the summer, and NX has a TON of accessories.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
callmeebryan said:
pretty much so that ricers can put nitrous kits on there cars :eek3:
Ok, pretty much what I figured then. I'm not looking to get one now (a nitrous kit...a wet kit...not a dry kit) - maybe down the road once I've got the SDS if I want a little extra for the track :yesway:

·
Registered
232 Posts
wet kits are FTW!

I bought a NOS dry kit, and was running a 50 shot, and our engines can handle them. but as said before, just pushing it threw the FPR, its just not as advanced.

Most people go with the dry kit becasue it is cheaper. you dont have to buy the fogger, and the fuel solenoid. the fogger is the piece that the two lines feed into, the nirous line, and or the guy who said eh cant find the fuel line, just pop off your intake manifold, they are celarly labeled haha, and there is tons of room once you tear of the clip that holds them in place, and re tie them once you get your splitter.

I have the colder burning plugs, bigger wires, fpr, fuel pump. and i ran a 50 shot threw about 7 bottles before i swapped to the wet kit, i tell you what! your engine temp stays more level with the wet kit, you pull harder at different points in teh bottle, for ex. when the bottle was low with dry kit, you would really feel it.. wet kit, not so much. you really dont feel the power loss untill it is really really low, like your last shot before a re-fill.

wet kits are considered a much safer way to run nitrous, and its not a very difficult install at all, just remember to put the fogger AFTER the MAF. and if you dont have an air/fuel meter... buy one. and get yourself a nitrous tune at a local shop as well! good luck!

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Sir Zyrion said:
I don't think they make kits for every car. THey usually have a general kit for domestics, one for imports, and then specialty kits for things like twin turbos, BMWs etc. The basic import installation is pretty much the same no matter the car. Check with Nitrous Express (www.nitrousexpress.com). I'm working with my sponsor and car club to put in a dual stage setup over the summer, and NX has a TON of accessories.
A dual stage? Wtf kind of shot are you planning to run? Direct port is by far the best, but you will definately pay for it. The wet kit is probably best overall because it is pretty simple to use and safer for your engine than the other 2. I only ran a nx wet kit on a NA car, how do you do it on an aftermarket FI car. Once I get in the hybrid I'd like to use it to help spool the turbo, does the e manage have the capability to account for the shot? I have heard that the ems has a feature and richens out the map when you hit it.

·
Damn I look good
941 Posts
I might go with a wet shot again, maybe 75shot. When I had them put the put my new engine in at the time I told them that I was going to be running N2O and the guy doing the build told me that he would run me a second fuel line up to a more accessible area but I guess he forgot.

I miss my built engine. What I would say to people who dont need or want boost all the time until they get to the track is to get you a fully built engine. Not just rebuild yours, built buy a block, pistons, crank shaft, ect. and then get you a true nitrous setup. It can be done cheaper than some turbos and if done correctly you can get the same or better results in the 1/4 mile than some those boosted guys and women and all at the flick of a few switches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts