Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried googling what the VIC system is, never seen or heard of it before. i haven’t gone out to look for the disconnect line yet but in cause i can’t find the line should i be worried about damage or anything? also what is the VIC system? i tried searching the forms and i can’t find anything related to this capsule. for a google thread it came up as Variable Ignition Timing, and on a thread i read something about it having something to do with cruise control? is this just for emissions (california stuff) or something that can lead to harm?

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
473 Posts
VIC is Mitsubishi's Variable Induction Control. There's a vacuum-operated butterfly valve inside the intake plenum that changes the airflow at 4500 rpm. The vacuum tank provides a more constant vacuum pressure.

There should be two rubber vacuum tubes connected to the tank at one end, and to metal tubes at the other end. One of the vacuum tubes looks correct. It looks like the second vacuum tube might have come disconnect and is laying underneath the vacuum tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts