Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Black2kRS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys im currently in the proccess of gathering all the parts for the head swap.
so far ive gotten the main biggies.
evo 8 head complete supertech valves
evo 9 intake manifold complete with fuel rail
JE pistons 87bore specific for the swap
Helix evo 8 rods
prostreet camgears
hmm dont remember whatelse i got

ok so i was wondering what main/rod bearing you guys used for the swap and post where to get them.

also a head gasket. i know most have used the cometic from RRE does anyone have the part number or what exactly did you tell RRE to get the right one?

ill try to organize this project better in this thread later on so it can be another reference for people needing info about the swap.

thanks for the time

·
Psychotic
941 Posts
just tell them you want the gasket for the 2.4 with evo head they will know what you are talking about.

·
Black2kRS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about the timing belt, i read somewhere that the evo 8 belt is going to be a tight fit and i read on evom that the dohc galant belt , forgot what year, will fit.

also on flash's parts list it lists that you need the eclipse 2.4L timing belt pully, tensioner and the tensioner pully. shouldn't i already have that or are those different?

·
Black2kRS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will be NA for a bit to break in the motor. then il be in the market for turbo items.
thanks
btw what turbo is it and whats the price?

flash is using RIPP headers, what other headers has anyone elsed used to fit the head?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you were goin turbo, ive heard great things about using a gt35r turbo for this swap, and you will get good numbers with a great tune!

·
Black2kRS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright guys so my head is getting cleaned up and getting a 3 angle valve job. then its getting put together with the supertech valves.

got my JE pistons and helix rods

·
Black2kRS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
figured i'd take more pics of some stuff i got.

here is my valve cover, prostreet cam gears, flashable ecu, and flash cable

here is my complete intake manifold

1 - 20 of 34 Posts