Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and I would like your opinion on body kit what do you think about this on a Gts spyder? I think it looks great but let me know your opinion please and thank you.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
Warning Warning Warning... I like the body kit too brother but please do not buy those side skirts .. I bought that very kit and it is garbage.. While it looks good in the picture there is no place for the mounting tabs. It is just a skin and needs much body work to make it work.. Also.. with out buying the fender flares the skirt sticks into the wheel well at least an inch and a half.. you will find the rear bumper does the same. I assume this is a built in feature to close the gap in a bit and make it look like the cars been lowered. I am not the type of man that would take the bread and butter from anyone but when I see family. (.CLUB3G ) about it get ripped off I have to say something. I just said in another post that I would not mention the company name for fear of being sued and then you go and ask this question...
If you are a capable body man disregard what I had to say and prepare for some long hours modifying .. Last and final words

BodyKits.com SUCKS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warning Warning Warning... I like the body kit too brother but please do not buy those side skirts .. I bought that very kit and it is garbage.. While it looks good in the picture there is no place for the mounting tabs. It is just a skin and needs much body work to make it work.. Also.. with out buying the fender flares the skirt sticks into the wheel well at least an inch and a half.. you will find the rear bumper does the same. I assume this is a built in feature to close the gap in a bit and make it look like the cars been lowered. I am not the type of man that would take the bread and butter from anyone but when I see family. (.CLUB3G ) about it get ripped off I have to say something. I just said in another post that I would not mention the company name for fear of being sued and then you go and ask this question...
If you are a capable body man disregard what I had to say and prepare for some long hours modifying .. Last and final words

BodyKits.com SUCKS
Okay bodykit.com sucks but it from ebay or from other site that not from bodykit.com

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
I guess I should have said the duraflex kit I received was garbage ..It was off Ebay but the box said it came from BodyKits .com

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
All I am saying is you made a post with a picture that brought back nightmares .... If what you are buying is those skirts in the picture you will regret buying...Here is whats left of the garbage they sent me.. I am going to try and mold the vent into my original side skirt.. The bumper also has no mounting tabs so it lays on the balcony ....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I am saying is you made a post with a picture that brought back nightmares .... If what you are buying is those skirts in the picture you will regret buying...Here is whats left of the garbage they sent me.. I am going to try and mold the vent into my original side skirt.. The bumper also has no mounting tabs so it lays on the balcony .... View attachment 44060 View attachment 44061
Yikes what about other website that sell the body kit? Would they do the same?

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
The body kits have names and in this case it is Duraflex . They come with no provision to install your body clips.. I mean the lip on the back side where the clips go is not there so how do you install it.. I guess you could make your own.. I like the look of the vent in that skirt and that is why I chose it.... If this is your reasoning too you may just have to mold the vent in yourself like I am....Go ahead and get them if your heart is set on that design but remember every thing I have said...

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts