1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
personally too much for only 550cc, the 440's can be modified for 120 to flow over 800cc's. And that adds up to alot less even with the modifying and cleaning

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but these are brand new, and since they are close to the same size as evo injectors and i have the evo rom here to look at, i was thinking it would make scaling them alot easier

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they clean the injectors and all. idk man its your money, you wanna blow it to cut corners then go ahead
wtf, cut corners? :lol: how is buying brand new injectors instead of used stock ones and then grinding and hacking em up and getting em rebuilt cutting corners?

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
wtf, cut corners? :lol: how is buying brand new injectors instead of used stock ones and then grinding and hacking em up and getting em rebuilt cutting corners?
your buying them for the ease of tuning, not for getting what you need. If wrx guys use them then why shouldn't we. The injectors are about 40-70 dollars, 120 for modifying cleaning and all new 0 rings, under 200.00 for 820cc injectors. That way if you deciede to make more power, you already are ahead of yourself.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
:rofl:
Idk much about the injectors and such, but I agree with you there.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
your buying them for the ease of tuning, not for getting what you need. If wrx guys use them then why shouldn't we. The injectors are about 40-70 dollars, 120 for modifying cleaning and all new 0 rings, under 200.00 for 820cc injectors. That way if you deciede to make more power, you already are ahead of yourself.
First of can't really say what i need as i havn't even stated my goals. Ever tried to or had any experience with tuning bigass injectors at idle and low throttle? It's like trying to fill a shotglass with a goddamn firehose. Tuning can be a major pita. Plus wtf is the point of running 820cc injectors if you're not making 400+whp. So I have an unreliable car that runs and idles shitty and sucks ass to try and tune?

Also, I know that the fuel system thesis thread may say those injectors are 40-70 dollars, but good luck actually finding em at that price. That guy got em for a steal. I've never actually seen them that cheap.

I know wrx guys use those cause they come stock in their cars, wrx guys also upgrade to these, they're wrx injectors and pretty high quality...

You say run 820cc injectors so when you want to make more power you can?? I ask you this, wtf is the point of having shitty idle, low throttle, tuning shit and all the problems associated with big injectors and making 400+whp while at the same time not having 400+whp just cause you might want to in the future?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know wrx guys use those cause they come stock in their cars, wrx guys also upgrade to these, they're wrx injectors and pretty high quality...
This is correct. And if later down the line you want to make 400hp you can just mod the pinks. They will flow about the same as the modded blue tops though.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Actually most WRX Guys look at modifiying the Stock 440's as kind of a hack-job/corner-cutting/half-assed way of getting bigger injectors.

IMO the top feed 560 Pinks are a much better option if you think you need bigger than the stock 440's - and would be enough to support the 300whp range everyone seems to shoot for.

Kylush is completely right about the 820's. There really is no need for those on an engine that isnt built.

(BTW...I paid $55 for my stock injectors on ebay. The price on them has definetly gone up on them in the year since I put that thread together. :lol: )

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is correct. And if later down the line you want to make 400hp you can just mod the pinks. They will flow about the same as the modded blue tops though.
True, but i may still buy the pinks, cause at this point i want something bigger then the 440's but... don't want bigass 820cc injectors

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually most WRX Guys look at modifiying the Stock 440's as kind of a hack-job/corner-cutting/half-assed way of getting bigger injectors.

IMO the top feed 560 Pinks are a much better option if you think you need bigger than the stock 440's - and would be enough to support the 300whp range everyone seems to shoot for.

Kylush is completely right about the 820's. There really is no need for those on an engine that isnt built.

(BTW...I paid $55 for my stock injectors on ebay. The price on them has definetly gone up on them in the year since I put that thread together. :lol: )
I know i tried finding em for that price at one time when i was planning on getting them... didn't have the best luck...:rofl:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
pink 560s are perfect for in between the 440s and OVERKILL modded ones. Id say Go for the pink ones for the 300+ range if the 440s have a high duty cycle trying to hit or break 300. I hate trying to figure out the happy medium for those fuckin things. I wish the stock evo ones werent so big and low imp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts