Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im wondering wha else can i get for my eclipse to add power( by not goin FI OR putting a BOTTLE IN)??? i have intake, headers, exhaust, S-afc, underdive pully, plugs and wires, diamante mani and TB
any way you can help me ill add e-rep.

·
What Speed Limit?
604 Posts
Some mods don't add power, but save weight. Carbon fiber hood/fenders/etc, remove spare tire, excess stuff in the trunk, back seats, etc. Also think about weight in the drive-train: lightweight flywheel (5-spd) and lighter wheels can make a difference.

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
To start off, I would toss the S-AFC II and get ecu swap to 01+ and then have everything flashed and a good SOLID tune to take advantage of all your modifications.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
To start off, I would toss the S-AFC II and get ecu swap to 01+ and then have everything flashed and a good SOLID tune to take advantage of all your modifications.
:agreed:

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
do the ecu swap and you can look into cams, head work, pistons, lightening the rotating assembly, there is alot that can be done.

·
Registered
125 Posts
when i was N/A i installed a walboro 255 and felt a difference, also a short shifter would help, solid motor mounts. thats all i can think off the top of my head hope that helps.

·
Kuztom Uzer Tytel
745 Posts
Definately with the ECU swap. You seem to have alot of bolt-ons, so anything that lightens the car will help as well. The main thing to check to make it quicker is your suspension. This is what puts power to the ground, so everything from shocks/struts, springs, wheels, tires, bushings, motor mounts, strut bars, sway bars, anything to keep the power on the ground. Also, look into an upgraded clutch and lightweight flywheel.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
1) ECU swap + flashed tune
2) lightweight flywheel
3) firm motor mounts and/or Ingall's ETD/stiffy
4) lightweight wheels ($)
5) upgraded engine internals (cams, etc $$$)

I don't think anything else would be worth your $. You are mainly looking for straight line (dragstrip) speed correct? If not, consider an LSD. I able able to corner much quicker since installing my Quaife LSD. As far as performance per dollar I think the ECU tune would be your best investment.

·
V8 > 3G
2,717 Posts
1) ECU swap + flashed tune
2) lightweight flywheel
3) firm motor mounts and/or Ingall's ETD/stiffy
4) lightweight wheels ($)
5) upgraded engine internals (cams, etc $$$)
thats pretty much the same things i would suggest. since the 6G7* has been known to fall on its face in higher rpms i would also suggest taking the heads to a machine shop and having them done. its not very expensive and it would def pull harder up top

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have everything you all are talking about but the ecu swap and flash.
i hear cam gears dont really do to much because were SOHC.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
i would look into doing headwork, cams, cam gears, springs, valves, port, polish, will cost you a good chunk but will add some good power. that seems to be where these motors fall short from my understanding (except for the porting, it's actually fairly well done)

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Well you seem to have all the basic bolt ons as others said and I think your in a good position to go FI. Though since you want to avoid FI Id suggest you build a high compression setup. Swap out for higher pistons, ARP studs, add more fuel to your setup with slightly bigger injectors, Walbro 190 should be good enough, etc. You got your car breathing freely and smoothly with the Diamante TB/Manifold and exhaust. Now you just need to get more air in there. Also you could work on aesthetics such as if you rarely use your rear seat you could take that out, go with lighter rims, motor mounts, basically a better suspension setup.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
You got your car breathing freely and smoothly with the Diamante TB/Manifold and exhaust. Now you just need to get more air in there.
I assume you meant to say "fuel" and not "air"?

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
if your not thinking about going any form of FI then jump on the 6G74 swap bandwagon and do the 01+ Cali Spec ECU Swap.

But once you do the ECU swap and get it tuned you'll feel a world of a difference. Datalog your car's sensors and AFR with a wideband O2 sensor. Also an aftermarket Fuel Pressure regulator is another good upgrade. Very common modification specially on 3000GTs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts