Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a stupid question. Lately I bought 02 Eclipse GT and all I got was a key with no fob. So I decided to get one because everything online says that I have Keyless system im my car. The onli problem is that I found 3 different remotes and I don't know which ne will work for me : 3-bottons (lock, unlock and panic), 3-bottons (lock, unlock and trunk) and 2-bottons (luck and unluck). How can I check do I have a panic or/and remote trunk option?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi guys, I have a stupid question. Lately I bought 02 Eclipse GT and all I got was a key with no fob. So I decided to get one because everything online says that I have Keyless system im my car. The onli problem is that I found 3 different remotes and I don't know which ne will work for me : 3-bottons (lock, unlock and panic), 3-bottons (lock, unlock and trunk) and 2-bottons (luck and unluck). How can I check do I have a panic or/and remote trunk option?
Where did you buy it from. I'm looking for a remote for my car. I have a 2000 gt. and how did you install it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Pshyc
1,130 Posts
The one for 00-02 is the denzo I think, if u search there's a guide about it I saw, tells you how to proggram it also, should be lock unlock and panic, panic mode sets your alarm off BTW makes it go crazy.

sent from my HTC EVO 4g.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What did you type in for the results I didnt find it.
I don't know what do you mean by type in, because I didn't type anything , you are suppose to get this:

1. Locate the Data Port under drivers side dashboard usually located to the right of steering column.
2. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
(There have been a few reports that the ignition needs to be in the ON position. Try OFF first and if
that does not work try the ON position)

3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port terminals 1 and 4 with a
suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you
know which terminals are 1 and 4.

4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. Note: The doors will
automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.

5. Pressthe LOCK button on theremote to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful
programming, the door will lock and unlock once.

6. Repeatstep 5with up to 4remotes (including any existing remotes) within one minute. After completing each
programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.

7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the ignition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2000-2001 Denso
2002-2005 Omron

Search the forum for model numbers.
And again, lets get back to the fact that I'm an idiot in cars. The question is how do I check if my car has any kind of alarm system and if it's even possible to open my trunk using remote? How do I check this stuff without having a User Manual (which I don't have) and not via VIN number?

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,427 Posts
The hatch cannot be opened with the remote.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't know what do you mean by type in, because I didn't type anything , you are suppose to get this:

1. Locate the Data Port under drivers side dashboard usually located to the right of steering column.
2. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
(There have been a few reports that the ignition needs to be in the ON position. Try OFF first and if
that does not work try the ON position)

3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port terminals 1 and 4 with a
suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you
know which terminals are 1 and 4.

4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. Note: The doors will
automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.

5. Pressthe LOCK button on theremote to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful
programming, the door will lock and unlock once.

6. Repeatstep 5with up to 4remotes (including any existing remotes) within one minute. After completing each
programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.

7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the ignition.
I was referring to where to buy the remote. What did you type on eBay to find it

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,427 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts