Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on the way back, whenever I pressed the brake pad, i can feel some slight shock on the wheel.And when I pull my foot away, the shock disappear. I think maybe it is the time to replace the front rotor. How do u guys think?
Thanks!:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Um...I take it you mean when you press on the brake pedal...and by shock on the wheel, do you mean a shudder in the steering wheel (goes back and forth like someone is shaking it) or you "feel" it in the actual wheels wrapped in tires? It almost sounds like you might have warped your rotors, but the "typical" tell-tale sign of that is a pulsation in the brake pedal (feels like it's slightly going up and down as you press and hold it down...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um...I take it you mean when you press on the brake pedal...and by shock on the wheel, do you mean a shudder in the steering wheel (goes back and forth like someone is shaking it) or you "feel" it in the actual wheels wrapped in tires? It almost sounds like you might have warped your rotors, but the "typical" tell-tale sign of that is a pulsation in the brake pedal (feels like it's slightly going up and down as you press and hold it down...
Yeah, the shock feels like a shudder in steering wheel. This shock is even more evident when the car completely stopped with my foot on the brake pedal. :mecry:

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Wait it gets worse when you are completely stopped? Thats not a warped rotor. And this "shock" you speak of, Ive never heard that used to describe a feeling besides being electrocuted. Does the wheel vibrate, shutter, or is it really shocking you?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait it gets worse when you are completely stopped? Thats not a warped rotor. And this "shock" you speak of, Ive never heard that used to describe a feeling besides being electrocuted. Does the wheel vibrate, shutter, or is it really shocking you?
Exactly! When the car completely stopped, the shock become more evident. The shock is not that big, I can just feel there is some kind of shock. I will get somebody to look at it.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Answer this question instead of acting like a dog who just pissed on the carpet.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
sounds like its time to get your muffler bearings checked... :)
Me and some friends actually got our asses handed to us on that one once back when I was going to UTI. I friend had an exhaust leak at the donut gasket...we told him he needed new muffler bearings, just giving him a hard time of course. So, he goes in to the shop manual library/parts ordering room and about 20 minutes later comes out with the parts manual for his car...he walks over, shows us the book and points to a part asking "is that it?" Wouldn't you know it that the donut gasket for that particular car for that particular year (at least in that particular book) was actually called a muffler bearing? :confused: We told him that was the part without letting him realize we were joking at first, but needless to say that's the last time we used the old muffler bearing trick...:rofl:

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
I had this exact same problem on my old pontiac. The long bolts that held the rack and pinion to the chassis were coming out because the frame was rusting (road salt=bad). Everytime I came to a stop (especially a hard stop) the rack would swing back up and smack the frame. I don't think these cars are built that way, however, though I've never taken a good look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts