Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 02 with the 2.4 I have to have the head removed in valve work done with that being said what is the better bang for my buck just to add more power just for the fun ability do the evo 8 head swap or turbocharged the as is

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking but all the evo 8 heads I have found are $2000-$3000 just for the head not including putting it on. Could a cool air intake, header, exhaust, and different tune be enough for 25-30 hp increase

·
1,008 Posts
That's what I was thinking but all the evo 8 heads I have found are $2000-$3000 just for the head not including putting it on. Could a cool air intake, header, exhaust, and different tune be enough for 25-30 hp increase
Nah. You might get 10hp if you're lucky. The head and cams are the major throttle point, not the stuff outside of the engine.

That price sounds bit steep for a head. You'll probably do better waiting for one to show up in a salvage yard near you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks like I said I'm not trying to win any races just wanting a little more pep when I hit the gas

·
1,008 Posts
Thanks like I said I'm not trying to win any races just wanting a little more pep when I hit the gas
If you're looking for a little more pep over the 2.4l, you'd be better off selling it and buying a GT or GTS. They have like 40 more hp and are only a little heavier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts