Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up saturday morning like everyother morning. Me and my girl are walking over to my car and she looked to the ground. "Babe want a remote?" I was like thats my remote, i must have droped it on the way to the house last night. "thanks for finding it babe." We got closer and closer and i see my passenger window on the drivers seat. WTF!!!! i open my car up look around and see that nothing is gone. Not even my CD's. It looked like they tried to get my HU but didnt want to waste there time, so insted they just took a screwdriver to it. So i had a fun fun day! got the window replaced and today im goint to put the door panel back on, make my car look better. Worst part of this all is i missed 10 hours of work, i was getting an alarm next week tuesday, and i dont know how i should go about claiming this. Will my rates go up? well here or some pics.

BTW This guy hit down my steet to, a hyundai tiberan. Ripped the hell out of the dash!! There was nothing left. it looked as if he took the whole center dash out and took it all with him, not to waste time or something. Also if anyone has an extra temp control unit laying around let me know.

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
That is so shitty, sorry to see that bro. There are some pieces of shit out there.

You can pick up a new HVAC control for under 50 shipped. ShineStreet3G usually has one lying around.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Damn man, that sucks. I just got flip out DVD player installed, i live in a suburb community but i hang out downtown a lot , and i will adventually get an alarm installed on mine.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Wow, that looks like a fun time. Sorry to see someone do that.

·
¡pura vida!
843 Posts
Hate to hear about your car. :( It was prob some kids that did it to prove something, don't know what they were doing or got scared off. As for the insurance, as far as i know it shouldn't affect your rate.

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Looks like the work of a hater, probably someone you know. Looks like a revenge hit. Sorry to see that happen. I woke one morning with temps of 28 degrees and had back window broken, nothing missing, that was a cold ride to school though.

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like the work of a hater, probably someone you know. Looks like a revenge hit. Sorry to see that happen. I woke one morning with temps of 28 degrees and had back window broken, nothing missing, that was a cold ride to school though.
see i thought that too, untill i saw the other car down the street.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
No.. it's not a revenge hit or someone who dislikes him. Odds are, its a kid 18 years of age or younger who either doesn't know what they're doing or was spooked off by a noise or oncoming car and ran off.

Hopefully you filed a police report.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
No.. it's not a revenge hit or someone who dislikes him. Odds are, its a kid 18 years of age or younger who either doesn't know what they're doing or was spooked off by a noise or oncoming car and ran off.
:agreed: Like Bitter said, "Fucking amatuer". Our dash/console is retard proof when it comes to removal. No hidden screws or anything :uh: The fact that he just busted the screen for the sake of breaking it is distrubing. That kid definately needs his ass whooped up on.

I agree that your car insurance rates prolly will not increase. And LMFAO at that "shifter sock". I guess you have been burned or frostbitten by the shifter before :rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Hopefully you filed a police report.
Yeah chicago now does not send out a car to the site. They do it over the phone.

:agreed: Like Bitter said, "Fucking amatuer". Our dash/console is retard proof when it comes to removal. No hidden screws or anything :uh: The fact that he just busted the screen for the sake of breaking it is distrubing. That kid definately needs his ass whooped up on.

I agree that your car insurance rates prolly will not increase. And LMFAO at that "shifter sock". I guess you have been burned or frostbitten by the shifter before :rofl:
I called state farm insurance and they could not give me a strait answer if my rates would go up or not. I also only paid $400 for the HU and to get a new screen for it panasonic said it was $225. So that plus the $130 for the window and the HVAC controls used is only like $400 all together. Why file a claim when my deductable is $500?

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this...Hopefully you get everything taken care quickly.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Why file a claim when my deductable is $500?
Don't file a claim. That would be pointless and could only hurt you over the long run. Hell I hit a deer last month and didn't bother filing either as the parts/labor cost to fix it would have only been $100-$200 over my deductible. I take no chances with my car or home insurance so I didn't file.

You mentioned your screen would only cost $225. Are you able to replace it yourself? If not, don't forget the labor charges involved with that! I would guess it would be about $50-100 @ an electronics repair shop.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Don't file a claim. That would be pointless and could only hurt you over the long run. Hell I hit a deer last month and didn't bother filing either as the parts/labor cost to fix it would have only been $100-$200 over my deductible. I take no chances with my car or home insurance so I didn't file.

You mentioned your screen would only cost $225. Are you able to replace it yourself? If not, don't forget the labor charges involved with that! I would guess it would be about $50-100 @ an electronics repair shop.
Good point, and most important thing to gather from this entire thread is that you have to make a decision on a case by case situation. If the deduct was $500 and cost of repairs was 600-700, I would've done the same thing and just paid all of it out of pocket.

However, in the case of our new 08 Altima Coupe hiting a deer, the damage was almost $1500 and I have no deduct on comprehensive claims.. so that was a no brainer.

In fact, I have my insurance setup kind of interesting.

Comprehensive claims - No Deduct
Collision Claims - $1,000 Deduct.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
I have 3k credit with my insurance company so whenever I get a slight ding, I let them know about it cause they owe me all this money. Im saving the rest of the 3000.00 for when I go to Hijacker for the hood and fenders, and a windshield ahh why not throw a CF hatch in there too along with a black roof:naughty:

I love winning on insurance mistakes:)

·
They see me rollin'
81 Posts
That's interesting. I have a friend that is a police officer where I live. I did a ride along with him and at roll call they were talking about several cars that were broken into but nothing was taken but a few papers from the glove box. They were leaving behind lots of valuable stuff like tools, stereos, etc. Really strange. You'd think in this case they would have at least took something to make it worth they're while.

Anyway. Sorry to hear this man.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I did a ride along with him and at roll call they were talking about several cars that were broken into but nothing was taken but a few papers from the glove box. They were leaving behind lots of valuable stuff like tools, stereos, etc.
That seems scary. Makes me think identity theft was the motive :scared:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts