Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, saw this part hanging under the car at the back of my 3g (photo 1). since i can't get my car up i just took some photos with my phone under car and not sure yet what it is. i suppose it's some hanger maybe for exhaust? any idea how to fix it, a part number maybe? or just screw it to the top like in photo3, but why 3 holes on that part, if there's 2 holes on the top? or is it supposed to be on the other side then i should have something like a bracket like it's seen on photo2 and photo3? thanks!

photo1:

photo2:

photo3:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Exhaust hanger. Maybe not all of the holes are used, though someone that still has an eclipse might be able to tell you better. Get under there and start poking around to see where it came off of.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply! that's what i thought. yeah, will definitely need to get under the car to see why it came off/ what's missing. because looking now at parts diagram is a bit confusing

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yeah from the marking on the body, looks like fasteners only go in the outermost holes and the center one stays open. That's assuming the bracket actually bolts up there. I wonder if someone forgot to bolt it back up a while ago. Sort of weird for two bolts to completely fall out like that. Would take a pretty long time and I'd think they would rust in place before they completely fell out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts