Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

What should i do about my trunk

854 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  sketch66
ok so i am annoyed, and i can understand if its a little over kill
but i mounted a 20" dell monitor in under my trunk but obviously me having a GTS with a spoiler and wiper AND the new 20" the lift supports dont even begin to hold it up so im really stressing out about what i should do. i have looked up for some stronger struts but i cant find nething. i really want to get this to work somehow i had a 19" b4 and it worked better but it didnt have a RCA input dont know y i even installed it, now that i think of it. i want to know if like there is some way i could use some like older supports from like the older eclipse and custom fit em to work with the stock supports, anything. but nothing to complicated like welding or something like that. just want to know if there is anything i can do to get that damn truck to stay up. :p
Thank
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
There is a guy on here with guitar hero in his trunk with a pretty big LCD. You should PM him and see how he did it.
ShineStreet3g is selling some that claim to be 30% stronger over stock ones. Drop him a line...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110488&highlight=hatch
There is a guy on here with guitar hero in his trunk with a pretty big LCD. You should PM him and see how he did it.
That guitar hero car can be seen here

http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108918

It doesn't really say if he used extra stuff to support the trunk. In one pic it's supported by the normal struts and in the others it has the controllers propped in there (for show, not support it looks like).

I dunno if I'd get those struts from Shinestreet until he answers hijacker's question. I know he's got a good rep around here, but I'd wait to find out a little more info before buying them. That's just me though....
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.