Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stock 3G GS Spyder
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's It Going All?
I am coming to the user's of Club3G for input. I have seen some of the Mildly Sickest Eclipse's and some of the most Insanely Sick Eclipse's on here. Being in the Marine Corps is one of the most thankless Jobs I have ever seen, i dont make much.

Situation:
Car - 2003 Eclipse GS Spyder
Engine- 4G64 2.4L

Problem:
Income - Less than $1600 a Month
Car - My car is my daily mode of travel to and from work.
Mods - I need some help determining what to do to my Bone Stock Eclipse

I Would like to start with simple modifications, I don't have much money and any suggestions are welcome.

Mission - To Uniquely modify my car without breakign the bank.

Interior Mods, Upgrades, Paints.
Exterior Mods, Upgrades, Paint.
Bolt on engine mods. Oil additives, Fuel additives, whatever it takes to get my car to a new level of performance and looks without breaking the bank.

Later on i want to swap heads with an Evo VIII and boost it, swap tranny's with an Evo VIII and AWD it. but that is way later on. So any suggestions as to simple bolt on mods now are welcome.

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
First use the search feature because all of these questions are scattered everywhere across the board, second the ONLY way to get your car any real performance gain is FI which WILL break the bank in your case. You're looking for a mild build to spend ~$4,000-5000 to FI it.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
How's It Going All?
I am coming to the user's of Club3G for input. I have seen some of the Mildly Sickest Eclipse's and some of the most Insanely Sick Eclipse's on here. Being in the Marine Corps is one of the most thankless Jobs I have ever seen, i dont make much.

Situation:
Car - 2003 Eclipse GS Spyder
Engine- 4G64 2.4L

Problem:
Income - Less than $1600 a Month
Car - My car is my daily mode of travel to and from work.
Mods - I need some help determining what to do to my Bone Stock Eclipse

I Would like to start with simple modifications, I don't have much money and any suggestions are welcome.

Mission - To Uniquely modify my car without breakign the bank.

Interior Mods, Upgrades, Paints.
Exterior Mods, Upgrades, Paint.
Bolt on engine mods. Oil additives, Fuel additives, whatever it takes to get my car to a new level of performance and looks without breaking the bank.

Later on i want to swap heads with an Evo VIII and boost it, swap tranny's with an Evo VIII and AWD it. but that is way later on. So any suggestions as to simple bolt on mods now are welcome.
Welcome. Thanks for your service. Usually when a new member joins and posts a question like this it's usually met with a response to SEARCH which I'm sure by the time I post this someone will have told you to do so so be prepared. I'll ask do you want the car to be "show" or "go"? I see you used the phrase "without breaking the bank" twice so I'm going to tell you if you want "go" then you'll be doing just that seeing your monthly income. If you want "show" then you have some nice affordable options. I'll advise you to browse in the Members Rides sections preferably the first 4-5 pages according to "views" order to see some nice looking 3G's.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
First use the search feature because all of these questions are scattered everywhere across the board, second the ONLY way to get your car any real performance gain is FI which WILL break the bank in your case. You're looking for a mild build to spend ~$4,000-5000 to FI it.
:lol: Damn Black, you quick.

In all seriousness I wasn't poking a jab at you in my opening post. You know we cool. :cool:

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
^^ Haha that's funny, and yea no problem. :yesway:

·
Diamonds are Forever
1,089 Posts
post some pics here, or make a a thread in the member ride section. that way you can see the transformation take place. Everything is easier said than done. im sure after a few hours, days or weeks spent on here youll know what exactly what you want to do and what not to do. now that the 3rd gen is 10 years old, a lot of younger gen kids will sign on, wanting to fix up there cars with a part time job. So just know its a process, and it take time and patience. The 3g isnt the most favored car for modification. Im not saying youre an outcast or you made a mistake, but to the car scene, its different. So something as simple as a drop and some nice 17" 18" wheels can set the car right, and it adds some taste to the scene. anywhoss, welcome to the club and thanks for your services.

·
Stock 3G GS Spyder
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, thanks all, but its funny, cause the strippin yard my boy works at go a 2003 Evo VIII, it was side swiped. He pulled the motor out of it today, pulled the tranny and tomorrow him and i are gonna pull the rest of the parts i want, it's his 21st birthday present to me. thank god tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be making my car a Turbo AWD Eclipse Spyder. Should be fun. If anyone has any help, i would more than graciously accept there comments.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
wow, thanks all, but its funny, cause the strippin yard my boy works at go a 2003 Evo VIII, it was side swiped. He pulled the motor out of it today, pulled the tranny and tomorrow him and i are gonna pull the rest of the parts i want, it's his 21st birthday present to me. thank god tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be making my car a Turbo AWD Eclipse Spyder. Should be fun. If anyone has any help, i would more than graciously accept there comments.
Now you talkin'!! A couple of members here have done this already so the blueprint is here for you to follow.

·
Stock 3G GS Spyder
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the Third time he has gotten an Evo VIII and the last two times he forgot i wanted the drive train. Its got some nice Ricarro seats too. It should be fun. i read of a guy just replacing his head, with the twin cam head, and using the turbo manifold from a 2G eclipse and turning the turbo 180 degrees. im hoping it wont be that painful of a project, the only thing is the Evo VIII is a standard and i have an Auto, Anyone know how hard the swap is? And i have drums on the rear, can i used the Evo VIII rear axle and use the BIG BREMBO BRAKES it already has on it?

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
Be careful of those Ricarro seats. They're from Venezuela, so they might just randomly kick you out of the car. Especially when you're making a hard right. Make sure you get genuine Recaro's to avoid becoming ground beef.

You should do more searching and less asking, since your questions have all been answered by others before. You'll get your answers faster.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
I was all happy for you because I was thinking you had a manual transmission. That's gonna be a problem. Doable, but a problem. Just convert to rear disk brakes and the Brembos fit right on. I have a set on my Spyder and I'm putting a set on my 2G GSX. Start doing that research.

·
Stock 3G GS Spyder
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i found this guy who did it with a blue hardtop eclipse, i asked him this morning, and he hasnt been back on to respond, im starting the tear down tomorrow, then ill start cleaning everything, i got an aluminum radiator, and all braided hoses to dress it up a little bit, this weekend im going to start compiling the parts from the Evo, and next week all week will be dedicated to building it up. I took leave from work from today till next monday. turn 21 tomorrow. then its all about the car. Anyone know where to get some cheap exterior body parts and any cheap ways to dress up the interior and exterior?

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
i found this guy who did it with a blue hardtop eclipse, i asked him this morning, and he hasnt been back on to respond...
Seriously, check the garage forum. it's been done before, and the directions to do it have already been posted. This way you don't have to wait for people to respond to questions that have already been answered.

I'm too lazy to help someone who's too lazy to help themselves, so I'm not digging the threads up for you.

·
Stock 3G GS Spyder
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well damn people, im still new to this site and im just figuring out how to go through stuff, and that there are second and third etc pages to some forums. I have never used a forum before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts