Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

381 - 400 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
FML after reading all this I've realized my wheels won't fit

I have about a 1.5 inch drop on d2 coilovers.
My wheels are 18x9 +30 offset with 4 inch lip and was planning to run 235/40/18

·
6,548 Posts
Yeah, I had rubbing issues with the same size tires on a 18x8 +42. I ended up being okay with +35 in the front and +32 in the rear, but that was a 8" wheel and some rear camber.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys im totally new to the forum and after searching have not quite found the answer i'm looking for so figured this might be a good place to ask.

I have a 2001 Gt stock suspension and my 215/55/17 tires are rubbing the box in the front wheel well. Will the proper 215/50/17 fix the rubbing or should that size fit fine and I should assume it is my suspension sagging?

Thanks!

·
Spring King
4,967 Posts
There also may be lowering springs that either suck or are just too low. Or you have aftermarket wheels with stupendous offsets pushing them too far out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've literally read all 40 pages of posts on the fitment guide and it has in some ways only confused me more lol. Would someone clarify this for me please? Let's say I want to use 18x9 wheels for the rear and I've seen two available offsets thus far. One being 40 and the other 38. Of the two which puts the wheel further toward the outside of the car? I'm slightly confused on that and need clarification desperately. Would either of those offsets in that size fit on the rear with of course the appropriate tire considerations? Recommendations for that would be appreciated as well. I'm debating a staggered fit with 18x8 in the front solely for looks. I love staggered fit cars of about any kind!!! I need to go back and check the front since the offset is 40 and I can't remember anything I've read these last 3 days at the moment lol. Any input is greatly appreciated!!!! And I did mean to add that the fronts are available in 35 and 38 offsets since finding one other pair of wheels that are what I'm looking for

·
Spring King
4,967 Posts
The factory offset per Phil's post is +46mm. That means that the flat face of the wheel itself is 46mm away from the "middle" of the wheel. The positive offset means that the wheel is pushed *towards* the car. As that offset goes towards zero (the positive number gets smaller) the wheel starts to get further and further away from the car, eventually going to a negative offset where they stick really far out.

A 40mm offset, assuming it is + (most likely is), would stick 6mm further away from the car than the stock wheel. 38 offset would be 8mm. Doesn't sound like much but it can add up if it is getting you too close inwards to the suspension or outwards (in this case) to the fender.

In my opinion the front wheels were always about right and I always felt the rear wheels could go outwards a bit. I would think that 38 (being closer to 46) would be the better choice for the front, and either 38 or 40 would both be fine for the rear. I can't say this for sure! So keep that in mind.

I would consider 38mm all around so that it's easier to swap the tires. Front to back at least, perhaps even side to side if they are not directional.

·
Stocker
483 Posts
So i got a question, I'm having a hard time understanding this so please don't flame me. :happysad:

So I got the stock 16" GS wheels, and I'm thinking about getting some evo wheels because I'm thinking about doing the evo brake swap, what would I have to do about making the wheels fit? And how much would they cost (the wheels) <---- I've researched this on our forums but I couldn't find anything and I've seen to look on Evom for the tires so I'll do that next.

·
Stocker
483 Posts
To make them fit:

1) Put new tires on the Evo wheels.
2) Remove your current wheels.
3) Install the new wheels.
4) Done.

Seriously, they just bolt right on without any changes. As far as cost, usually somewhere between $400 and $600 for Evo VIIIs with others costing slightly more or less depending on condition.
oh wow, I'm over here thinking that I would need a Wheel Spacer, :facepalm: so the Evo Wheels dont come in size 16 at all?

381 - 400 of 426 Posts