Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
I am not sure what you mean by "a flush fit". A little more detail would be helpful. ...J. D.

Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
The wider the wheel, the more rear back spacing you will need. I am running 8.5" wide wheels. They have been on the car a long time. I cannot remember what my backspacing [offset] is. I think it is 40. ...J.D.

UPDATE: I did verify the offset on mine.. I had the boxes they came in out in my shed with other wheels in them. The box says the offset is 40. Here are some photos. They are 17"X8.5

Attachments

Registered
No rubbing. No trimming. I think the key is proper tire size and offset. I am using a 225/45X17 on an 8.5" rim, with 40mm backspacing. [research on the internet says stock wheel offset is 46mm for the 17" wheels]. Sometimes you can get too big a tire and the tread does not lay flat on the road. Mine is stock ride height. Just high quality shocks, good sway bar and I have more grip in the corners than I can use at street speeds. I am using a soft compound Dunlop tire.. ...J.D.

Registered
Lots of clearance. I have not been able to push this car "too far", at least on the street the way it is set up. And again, only 225/45's. ...J.D.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Mine is just set up for the street. Lots of different ways to do things. I did the chassis work on mine back in 2016 and then it sat for a few years. Just got it going again this year. It had some trouble with emission controls I had to sort out. Been good fun this summer. ...J.D.

Registered
One thing to keep in mind is tire diameter. On a 17" rim, I would use a 45 aspect ratio. On a 18" a 40. That is if you are trying to stay close to the stock tire diameter. ...J.D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts