Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the chance to get a decent set of 17x7 wheels with a 52mm offset the tires are 205/50. So will they work?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
off set is the only thing throwing me off. i know that the higher the number the closer the wheels are together. the tires alone are worth more then he is asking for the set so i dont guess itll hurt to just go ahead and get them.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
the tires alone are worth more then he is asking for the set so i dont guess itll hurt to just go ahead and get them.
That is a good way to look at it. If things don't work out, sell the wheels and tires and try to make a profit.

·
Ph.D > me
4,963 Posts
i have the chance to get a decent set of 17x7 wheels with a 52mm offset the tires are 205/50. So will they work?
That offset, with that -or- any width, is way too high for the 3g. That tire size is too small for the 3g and will throw off your speedo/odo/abs/tcs quite a bit. Also, considering that wheel and tire size, I'd like to assume that they came off of a Honda/Acura, which tells me that their centerbore is too small for a Mitsu.

Yeah, I'd just stay away from this, it won't end in your favor.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
That offset, with that -or- any width, is way too high for the 3g. That tire size is too small for the 3g and will throw off your speedo/odo/abs/tcs quite a bit. Also, considering that wheel and tire size, I'd like to assume that they came off of a Honda/Acura, which tells me that their centerbore is too small for a Mitsu.

Yeah, I'd just stay away from this, it won't end in your favor.
100% correct and take this as a WARNING not to buy, I would personally not use a wheel with a 50mm offset, them max id go is 48, this will be too noticable from looking above the fender

·
Registered
844 Posts
i have the chance to get a decent set of 17x7 wheels with a 52mm offset the tires are 205/50.
So will they work?
yes.

as long as you verify that the bolt pattern and center bore are correct for the 3g...and ditch the craptastic 205/50 tires.

a 17x7 +52 wheel will visually be no different from the stock 17x6.5 +46. both wheels sit the same distance from the outside of the fenders. even though you'll have half an inch less clearance on the inside, it won't pose any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts