Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.4L 4 Cylinder Engine, I'm getting very high RPMs, 3000 to start climbing to 4000. I tried replacing the Idle Air Control valve, Throttle Position Sensor, cleaned the throttle body, ensured the linkage wasn't caught, etc, and still getting the issue. Also strange is I'm unable to connect to the computer through the OBD II port, which we tested and verified all the wiring is fine. I called one ECU repair company and they said it's most likely a fried processor chip. He said being unable to connect via OBDII is one symptom of that. Another company said it's most likely a bad IAC driver on the ECU.

I'm looking for affordable ECU repair. From my research these companies can do it and for the following prices. If anyone knows of anyone more affordable please let me know as for $200 I could buy a used ECU and have it reprogrammed to my VIN number! So almost doesn't even seem worth it to have my existing ECU repaired.

AES Modules - $222
ECU Repair Now - $200
Autotek - $245

Is anyone here able to repair an ECU? Or if I bought a used one that works, and I mailed you that one and my existing one, could you reprogram the new one to work with my VIN? It seems the companies that do this want about $100 for this service. And I can get a used one on ebay for about $100. I'm very strapped so I'm trying to get my car running again without making myself miss rent next month.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
High idle could be vac hose, or intake leak. Cannot believe an ECU is repairable. Exchange.
Doesn't seem to be a vacuum leak. I'm open to getting a used working ECU, but how do I transfer the ROM off of my existing ECU if I can't even connect to the computer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts