Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey maybe I missed this somewhere in a post but why isn't the stage 3 SDS system on the RIPP mods website anymore? Are they takin it out to make some changes to it? I was thinking of going TC if their wasn't a stage 3 anymore. Thanx

Justin

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
I'm only going to say this since I have not seen Rippmods use this forum much lately, but at NAFI they had a few notes they wanted to get accross to us.

From the strong impression I received, they were not very succesful at making a stage 3 kit (to market and sale) on the 3G for the time being so they are going to concentrate on just the Stage 1 & 2 kits for the 3G. The honeycomb crumbles up into a ball when pushing that much psi through it.

Rippmods is focusing their attention on the 4G now since they feel that 3G owners will now become 4G owners. It is said that the 3rd Gen is the red-headed step child of Mitsubishi and are pretty much turning their back on the platform in general. So, allegedly Mitsubishi gave them a few 4Gs to start developing kits for.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tearstone said:
Rippmods is focusing their attention on the 4G now since they feel that 3G owners will now become 4G owners.
oh thats even more :ghey:. personally the 4g is ok. but i'm no where close to giving up my 3g. i plan on keeping it throughout life..now whether going TC or stage 2 is just a decision..after readin the post on v6 turbo kit they just about put out the same whp...that I know of. but for sure i'm not buying that 4g..

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
black nightmare said:
oh thats even more :ghey:. personally the 4g is ok. but i'm no where close to giving up my 3g. i plan on keeping it throughout life..now whether going TC or stage 2 is just a decision..after readin the post on v6 turbo kit they just about put out the same whp...that I know of. but for sure i'm not buying that 4g..
Personally, I am still a 3G believer and I don't plan on giving up on it for awhile. The V6 has a lot of potential, putting down a safe 300whp at 8psi IMHO is pretty remarkable.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tearstone said:
Ross seriously asked all of us at NAFI that night after making that announcement and being excited about the 4G, "You all are going to buy 4Gs right?" and we responded to him with a resounding "No!" :lol:
:lmfao: :D thats awesome, i had so many bad experiences driving the new 4g. EVERYBODY loves my 3g and the ride in it. I hope for some good turnouts on that new turbo kit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
its heavier. I think the only good thing about it "STOCK" was the sun and sound package with the rockford fosgate and the sub in the trunk. other than that it was too heavy, slow acceleration, corners i had to take slow, and I felt too high when sittin in it. About the SDS stage 3 though. My friend said the only difference between the Stage 2 and Stage 3 was upgraded pistons, programmed box, belt tensioner, and an aluminum pulley I guess. What do u think about this? I honestly want to be running 11 sec in the quarter mile like MATT was with his black SDS stage 3. But i'm sure somehow it's possible with the TC.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
at first i loved the 4g.
but now... not so much.

i just cant see putting a 2nd 20 grand into something without a huge aftermarket, and RIPP is not a company i would ever deal with again.

personally i am leaning towards the solstice as my next car. gm cars are so generic under the hood that regardless of what you need, there are a million options.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Combustible said:
at first i loved the 4g.
but now... not so much.

i just cant see putting a 2nd 20 grand into something without a huge aftermarket, and RIPP is not a company i would ever deal with again.

personally i am leaning towards the solstice as my next car. gm cars are so generic under the hood that regardless of what you need, there are a million options.
I only liked the concept

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
you mean the one with the hybrid system(200hp eletric and 250+hp gas), AWD and a total of over 400 horsepower?

yeah that one gave me wood.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Tearstone said:
I'm only going to say this since I have not seen Rippmods use this forum much lately, but at NAFI they had a few notes they wanted to get accross to us.

From the strong impression I received, they were not very succesful at making a stage 3 kit (to market and sale) on the 3G for the time being so they are going to concentrate on just the Stage 1 & 2 kits for the 3G. The honeycomb crumbles up into a ball when pushing that much psi through it.

Rippmods is focusing their attention on the 4G now since they feel that 3G owners will now become 4G owners. It is said that the 3rd Gen is the red-headed step child of Mitsubishi and are pretty much turning their back on the platform in general. So, allegedly Mitsubishi gave them a few 4Gs to start developing kits for.
I have been assuming for several months now that RIPP is trying to slowly and quietly bow out of the 3G market. There was a long time there that RIPP was constantly posting new product ideas and enthusiasm for the 3G, then suddenly that all came to a grinding stop. The Tiburon gave them all the success that they originally were hoping for when they started playing with the 3G, so now I think they are simply wanting to move on to new platforms.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts