Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 GS Convertible and the top was leaking like crazy. I went in and replaced the top with the guide on this page and it was super helpful. I Searched through a bunch of the "Leaking top" forums and have determined I most likely just need to adjust my windows since they have sagged over time. Only thing I am wondering now is where to adjust them to! Attached are 2 photos, one from the drivers side and one from the passengers side. The Passenger side is the worse right now. Does the window go all the way up to the top or does is sit in that little channel on the weather-stripping? or is that channel just from years of sitting in the wrong place? IMG-0066.jpg IMG-0067.jpg

·
New To Site
93 Posts
There should be set screws behind the door panel .. My Haynes manual don`t show to much info on how to set the window,, I`m adding a pdf ......#3 is the set for how far up the window can go. If you loosen the bolts on the regulator you can move it back and forth to set the glass to overlap the rear quarter glass rubber..and thats about all I know on this subject.. Hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be set screws behind the door panel .. My Haynes manual don`t show to much info on how to set the window,, I`m adding a pdf ......#3 is the set for how far up the window can go. If you loosen the bolts on the regulator you can move it back and forth to set the glass to overlap the rear quarter glass rubber..and thats about all I know on this subject.. Hope it helps
Thanks for the reply! I actually found that PDF in my research on searching through the previous threads on leaking windows. I just cant tell how far up its actually supposed to go. I might just go all the way up and see if that works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts