Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

$200 at the local pick&pull. 3.73 locked and ready to go, 90-day warranty.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
FF 14 bolts rock. What is it going in?

Ditch the drums, save a lot of weight.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my caliper brackets should be here tuesday. Have caddy calipers and a new set of front rotors. That should be all I need to convert it, plus still retain the parking brake.

Eyeing a front ford D60 on an older wrecked F350 up the road here.

These will be going under the blazer with 4" lift, 2" body lift (body lift because the new diamond plate floorboards will be integrated into a 2x2 boxed in frame that will bolt up to the old body mounts, effectively lifting the rear of the chassis anyways 2". Will only need 4 pucks I think for the front to even it up, but will make the chassis itself much more rigid.), custom flares and some 38" gumbo mudders.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ehh.. he doesn't want to get rid of the truck yet :(

Found a 3/4T 8lug D44 that should work for the short term, and it'll bolt right in without any problems. Plus give me bigger brakes in the front.

Time to go wheel shopping.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Make sure you shave the bottom of the diff for GC. There are a large number of write ups on it at pirate 4x4. Those thing hang waaaay low.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I know... I will eventually. 10b is about to grenade on me so I'm going to pop them in this weekend. I'll worry about shaving it after the winter probably. Ice+rocks usually doesn't make a good combo for coming out unscathed ;)

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took forever, but finally had a little bit of time over the last few weekends and got everything pretty much together.

14ff is in, 1.5" shaved (didn't feel like welding up anything so just shaved what I could and cut a new gasket to fit), 4.10 gears with detroit installed. I ditched the caddy calipers cause they absolutely sucked with keeping them adjusted, so used the 3/4T D44 calipers from the front axle I bought with 8-lug rotors and they work MUCH better. Not running an ebrake at the moment, but I have until October for next inspection to fix that (tcase brake from a range rover probably)

Still no D60 for the front, but I'm running a 10b with 4.10 gears open. Chromalloy axle shafts (10b inner and d44 outer) with spicer ujoints, 8-lug 3/4T D44 outers with warn premium lockouts, yukon gears makes it pretty stout.

All in all, should handle good enough on 38.5's and still handle some pretty hefty thrashing. Running 4" skyjacker springs in the front. Scrambled some 2wd spring hangars and welded them up to the rear with some 2" lift springs in the rear and stock shackles for about 4.5" lift in the rear. Heavily cut fenders.

I'm not liking the bushwackers (nor the price) so I'm going to give a go with making my own fenders extensions out of fiberglass (yeah I got the idea from 2-guys garage watching them do it on that mustang) I figure at the worst I'll be out $50 or so in material making my own. If they look good, awesome, if not then it's only $50 and I'll pony up the money for some bushwackers.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Them are some meaty tires :wackit:

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scored an nv4500 for $50 yesterday off craigslist. Had to drive 350 miles for it, but it was worth it. At least now it'll make changing out the input shaft on my 203/205 doubler that's almost done and give me around 110:1 or so crawl ratio with the 5:38 gears I'll be running.

203/205 will be triple sticked. I'd like to see the first car thief that takes a look in the window and tries to figure out how to pull away in this one!

What 3 sticks with a 5sp looks like for the idio... laypeople...

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Very nice fryed!

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
That thing is going to be sweet dude. I take my little 04 ranger xlt 4x4 4.0L 5spd out and about, definitely fun. I just picked it up for 3500 dollars with 50,000 miles and some minor body damage.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I'm heavily consider mating the m1009 and this one together. I've got 90% of the body work done to fix the rust and the floors replaced from the firewall back.

I'd like to mate the NV4500/203/205 to the 6.2L diesel, run it on the m1009 frame and swap the chassis. That would make a near bulletproof drivetrain with the 14ff/d60 combo underneath.

I could then put the m1009 chassis on the blazer frame with the 350/700r4/231 combo and use it as a beater, or sell it off as it would be a completely road worth vehicle.

Or I could just yank the 350, put it in the new boat and sell what's left by the pound for scrap... dunno yet.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
That thing would be a pretty insane stump puller with a 4500 and a diesel...isn't first gear in those like 4.xx or 5.xx:1?

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
6.34:1

Couple that with a 205tcase and 203 doubler and it's up around 120:1 or so crawl ratio.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts