Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
I'd like to warn you on getting new bulbs. I bought blue cheapos at Discount Auto (like auto zone) and not even 2 weeks later I think all the blue melted off the bulb, there's no color to it anymore, and when there was, it was GREEN!

·
Registered
124 Posts
same thing happend to mem, i had the blue bulbs which didnt look good anyways when they were new and now its back to orange.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep, I had blue LEDs and after 3 of them burnt out and replacing them I just said f*ck it and put the stock bulbs in there. I'd rather have the entire interior of my car glowing blue except the gauges if it meant I could see them without having to squint everytime I look down.

·
*insert funny title*
5,375 Posts
I had the reverse glow AND blue LEDs. Never, ever go with blue painted bulbs. It will eventually burn off. Besides, LEDs will last longer than the car.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
One other thing to note, blue lights do have an effect on night vision (not the cool optics we use in the military, but your ability to see at night)...that's part of the reason you don't see blue lights on ships...if you look at a blue light and then try looking into the darkness of night it takes your eyes a little longer to readjust. That's actually one of the benefits of red or amber lights on control panels & dash boards...they don't affect your night vision.

If you're set on blue though, LEDs would look much better than bulbs, but would also add more intensity to the light (I'm not sure how much the LEDs can be turned down with the dimmer rheostat, but it might make it a little easier on the eyes).

·
*insert funny title*
5,375 Posts
(I'm not sure how much the LEDs can be turned down with the dimmer rheostat, but it might make it a little easier on the eyes).
None whatsoever. In reality, I had the blue leds for 2-3 years and never had a problem with vision adjustment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts