Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
NA 4 now
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
before, so the air is being pulled through not pushed. i thought about moving it after the turbo.

·
NA 4 now
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i have seen the F.I. sign in i was waiting to post up until i get pics posted. i didnt want a list with no pics.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The guy I know w/ the DDP turbo reworked it quite a bit. Although, it seems most had to. Anyhow, he moved his MAS to after the turbo. His theory is that although it is a blow-through MAS, it can handle the velocity of air delivered by the turbo. He has been running it like that almost since day one. I've been considering doing this as it just seems more logical to me :shrug:

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
coastal96 said:
The guy I know w/ the DDP turbo reworked it quite a bit. Although, it seems most had to. Anyhow, he moved his MAS to after the turbo. His theory is that although it is a blow-through MAS, it can handle the velocity of air delivered by the turbo. He has been running it like that almost since day one. I've been considering doing this as it just seems more logical to me :shrug:
But it is not a blow through MAS. It is a suck-through MAS. It also can handle the velocity of the air handled by the turbo, but you are going to have a lot of other ECU related problems like your barometric sensor code will be the first code you throw.

If we had a hotwire style MAF, then we could blow through it, but that's not the case... unless of course you remove your ECU and meter your air differently ;)

·
NA 4 now
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the ripp sds has it after the sc that why i thought it might work. how do they get it to work if its not a "blow through" style? i really didnt think it would work. why did you ask where it was?

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
RICK03 said:
the ripp sds has it after the sc that why i thought it might work. how do they get it to work if its not a "blow through" style? i really didnt think it would work. why did you ask where it was?
It works, but it does not work. SDS guys are put through SES lights and inconsistent idle until the ECU adapts to it for a said 1000 miles. Our SDS guy here has an S-AFR and he has his OBDII code reader in his car like an extra gauge to clear all the codes.

But you could pull it off if you are willing to put up with a car that runs like ass and can't even stay running at idle for the first 1000 miles or so after everytime you reset your ECU.

I was just curious, seems like every succesful F.I. project that is non-SDS consistently has two elements, pulling through the MAS and proper tuning.

Another question, do you have any SES lights that are directly related to your turbo kit?

·
NA 4 now
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the light comes up as "air flow signal low". ??? other than that there is no other codes. but the car is very rich at idle and when i drive for a while and stop there is black specs on the rear bumper. ???? like soot.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
RICK03 said:
the light comes up as "air flow signal low". ??? other than that there is no other codes. but the car is very rich at idle and when i drive for a while and stop there is black specs on the rear bumper. ???? like soot.
Sounds like your BOV is bleeding, are you recirculating? What BOV are you running?

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
Sup guys. This is a little off topic but Maybe you all can help me out here. Ive been trying ot find a mAF sensor adapter for my turbo system on my GS for days now. And I cant seem to find one with a 4" bore for the filter. Can anyone help me out or direct me to someone who can make one for me?

Thanks

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
NAPALM said:
Sup guys. This is a little off topic but Maybe you all can help me out here. Ive been trying ot find a mAF sensor adapter for my turbo system on my GS for days now. And I cant seem to find one with a 4" bore for the filter. Can anyone help me out or direct me to someone who can make one for me?

Thanks
This is seriously off topic. You might want to go check your RS/GS forums, because as of now I can safely say that none of us have a MAF mod of any sort on our GT/GTS platforms.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
I dont want a mod. I just need an adapter to bolt my filter onto. LIke the adapter that comes with a cold air intake. I cant find the fuckers anywhere. The 2G ones almost fits. But almost doesnt count. I see everyone here that has an SDS or turbo is using them. WHere the hell did you all get em? :bash:

Tearstone said:
This is seriously off topic. You might want to go check your RS/GS forums, because as of now I can safely say that none of us have a MAF mod of any sort on our GT/GTS platforms.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
NAPALM said:
I dont want a mod. I just need an adapter to bolt my filter onto. LIke the adapter that comes with a cold air intake. I cant find the f*ers anywhere. The 2G ones almost fits. But almost doesnt count. I see everyone here that has an SDS or turbo is using them. WHere the hell did you all get em? :bash:
RRE used to sell the adapters, but I do not see them listed on the website.

I am using the adapter off of my AEM CAI.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts