Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clip on my passenger side headlight broke. Oh well, time for new ones anyway. What I wanted to know was who has these EXACT same headlights or taillights on their eclipse. A lot of headlights fog, leak, etc. and I just want to know what to expect from these. Do the halo's work right? Leak or fog bad? Fit right? The tails, well, fitment is usually an issue. Let me know about your experience with either the headlights or taillights if you have the same ones and I'll give some rep.

Headlights

Tailights

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
you shouldnt have any fitment issues with the tyc tails as long as you buy them accordin to the year eclipse you have.
those headlights are the sonars and plenty of people on here have them. they say the have the best light output of all the headlights. just seal them up and you shouldnt have to worry about any leaks.
SEARCH!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me I have searched plenty of times. There are so many different types of headlights on ebay that if I searched that I would get 8,000 pages of different headlights and taillights. This is the easiest way to narrow it down to ONLY the people who have those same headlights. I actually wanted to know if anyone has purchased them from that same seller to see how it was dealing with them.

·
very nice, how much?
751 Posts
I have both the taillights and headlights installed. The TYC's tails are awesome and so are the sonars projectors. For some reason I have only had my sonars for 4 months and they are losing the clear coat! :scream: and yes I did get my sonars from ebay but I dont remember what the sellers names was.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gracias. There was a thread about the clear coat coming off of headlights one time and how to stop it. I'll see if I can find it for ya.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Trust me I have searched plenty of times. There are so many different types of headlights on ebay that if I searched that I would get 8,000 pages of different headlights and taillights. This is the easiest way to narrow it down to ONLY the people who have those same headlights. I actually wanted to know if anyone has purchased them from that same seller to see how it was dealing with them.
there is anzo, depo, sonar, and dual halo

·
QuickSLVR
672 Posts
Gracias. There was a thread about the clear coat coming off of headlights one time and how to stop it. I'll see if I can find it for ya.
many people i know around here have that same problem with peeling on the lens..but none has had any problems with it fogging up...i would go with sonars or depos gen 2, its just personal preference if u want the halo (sonars) or not which would be the depos.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have the Sonar projectors (the ones you provided the link for)...at first, mine would fog up when the humidity was high (which is pretty often in Charleston)...one day, it just stopped happening...I never opened them, resealed them or anything, it just stopped on its own. I've never had an issue with peeling...just a few scratches in one of the lenses thanks to some jerk-off who decided to set something on my car and I guess slide it off over the headlight...it's not deep though so one of these days I'll just polish it out. My only complaint with the lights is that the weatherstripping isn't on as straight as I'd like, but there again, one of these days I'll take my heat gun to it and reposition it...

I have the tails as well...they're still sitting in the box, but should be on by the end of Dec (the body shop has to replace my bumper first)...good luck getting them though...I'd be leary about buying them through eBay since they're discontinued. If you want, I can tell you where I bought mine from...I don't know if they have access to any more, and I paid up the ass for them (I didn't care though since it came out of my insurance deductible)...they're great looking tails, but pretty much everyone is out of them...

Reactions: _OBX_3g_

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the tails as well...they're still sitting in the box, but should be on by the end of Dec (the body shop has to replace my bumper first)...good luck getting them though...I'd be leary about buying them through eBay since they're discontinued. If you want, I can tell you where I bought mine from...I don't know if they have access to any more, and I paid up the ass for them (I didn't care though since it came out of my insurance deductible)...they're great looking tails, but pretty much everyone is out of them...
I was reading in the thread by wesellcarparts that they discontinued them. Everyone was saying they only did it with the 03-05 models and that the 00-02 models were still available :dunno: I think if I get those I'll order from him anyway, he seems trustworthy and he still has them, but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I was reading in the thread by wesellcarparts that they discontinued them. Everyone was saying they only did it with the 03-05 models and that the 00-02 models were still available :dunno: I think if I get those I'll order from him anyway, he seems trustworthy and he still has them, but thanks for the info.
I highly recommend buying from him if he still has him...he's probably the best vendor I've dealt with when it comes to ease of the transaction, customer support, etc...

·
I'm Working On It...
1,002 Posts
I have both the taillights and headlights installed. The TYC's tails are awesome and so are the sonars projectors. For some reason I have only had my sonars for 4 months and they are losing the clear coat! :scream: and yes I did get my sonars from ebay but I dont remember what the sellers names was.
did you ever clean them with rainX? I did and my clear coat started peeling the next day.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well, now I have to eat my words...I just noticed yesterday that the damn clearcoat is starting to peel on my Sonar projectors...well, only the driver's side one...I guess it'll be time get the buffer out soon...

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I have the Sonars, and I couldn't be more please with them. They are my second set of aftermarket headlights actually. The first set that I had were the dual halo projectors, and I was not impressed. The Sonars have great light output, and the original bulbs have not burned out (I have had them since last May). Mine fog up, but that's because I tore them apart to do the demon-eye modification, and I didn't seal them up well enough. Prior to that, I never had any fogging issues.

Reactions: _OBX_3g_

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Christmas time and a new house is killing me. No extra money for now. But since everyone seems to be pleased with these I think they will come after my tax refund :bigthumg: Thanks for all your imput guys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also can't decide which projectors to get. It's nice to know about what issues i might have from sonar projectors. Any one knows the quality of these projectors? They cost more than sonar but i don't mind paying some extra $$ if the product is good. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts