Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why the aftermarket tail lights dropped in price so much. I bought mine for 200+ a few years ago, now I can't even sell them for like $40 shipped. Any ideas?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
:dunno: IMO it's because they are a dime a dozen now.
:agreed:
I imagine with the release of the 4G more and more people selling the 3Gs as they age that means there is an abundance of 3G taillights on the market. Also, you probably purchased yours for $200 NEW and now you are selling a USED item.

$30-50 + shipping seems appropriate to me for most types. The black ones that were discontinued awhile back should probably fetch $75+ if they are in good condition.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Keep in mind as more and more of a product floods the market, price goes down. Everything is about supply and demand.

If you want something that no one else has, you have to pay more. Taillights are FS all over the place, so the only driver is a price war. It just boils down to "you gotta pay to play" which is why I feel everything is all about doing small quanities, one off's, or just being that person with the "only" one.

I only produced 20 custom shift knobs in that one design, and I plan to release a new design custom knob soon. Any part or piece I do I try to keep very limited, whether its the 3G, 4G, or one off's I do for a variety of vehicles ranging from Nissan, Toyota, Porsche, etc...

·
V8 > 3G
2,717 Posts
:agreed
$30-50 + shipping seems appropriate to me for most types. The black ones that were discontinued awhile back should probably fetch $75+ if they are in good condition.
so they dont make black tyc tails anymore? if that's the case then ii guess they're worth more than i paid for them now

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
so they dont make black tyc tails anymore? if that's the case then ii guess they're worth more than i paid for them now
considering I got mine off of ebay for $1 because of a spelling error in the listing title, I'm pretty sure they won't get cheaper than what I paid for them! :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yeah, they're discontinued...it literally took me a few days to find a vendor that had a set...

considering I got mine off of ebay for $1 because of a spelling error in the listing title, I'm pretty sure they won't get cheaper than what I paid for them! :)
:fawk:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess that makes sense. Most of the other parts I sold stayed about the same price, just the cai dropped and the tail lights majorly dropped in price.

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
I wished someone would makes some custom new version tails to replace the black tycs. Even if it was the black tycs but instead of the chrome rings, have the whole thing black with red circles.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I wished someone would makes some custom new version tails to replace the black tycs. Even if it was the black tycs but instead of the chrome rings, have the whole thing black with red circles.
You have seen the "How To" for making custom tails, right? Sounds like what you are looking for unless I am misunderstanding. I guess that route would be a hassle if you didn't have a shed or garage to work in though... I'll be attempting a color matched silver pair once the weather clears up a bit.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
IMO there isn't another set that will ever be customed to look better than the set I have thanks to Steve. I'll never sell these bad boys! :twothumb:
Rub it in why don't you :fawk:

Those do look damn sexy...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I want some black tyc's, especially now that I have the gloss black/chrome lip wheels to match them :(
I can tell you where I got mine from and you can see if they still have any, but I will warn you they were a little more expensive than they went for on here...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts